website statistics

Road Cycling 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

I like reading through some of the old multi-sports games/Olympics threads every once and a while, and I came across a real gem from the 2016 road cycling thread today.

On 8/10/2016 at 8:51 AM, hckošice said:

One special mention to Primoz Roglic of Slovenia, just couple of years back he was a member of Slovenian ski jumping team, but because lack of motivation due to huge concurences in Slovenia team he just somehow decided to start do road cycling and today he is going for a top 10 at olympics :)

Do you know what became of that guy @hckošice? I haven’t heard much lately. He’s probably just happy to have finished in the top 10 at the Olympics :p 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I like reading through some of the old multi-sports games/Olympics threads every once and a while, and I came across a real gem from the 2016 road cycling thread today.

Do you know what became of that guy @hckošice? I haven’t heard much lately. He’s probably just happy to have finished in the top 10 at the Olympics :p 

Yeah, I never specially excelled in scouting :p

I was mocked the last time I said this, but the end point is the destruction of women’s sport.  Because where else does it stop?

A transgender cyclist won first place at a female race in New York City amid ongoing debates over the inclusion of trans athletes in female competitions. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11892441/Transgender-athlete-46-wins-female-NYC-cycling-event-says-feels-like-superhero.html#comments

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies on their way to the Roubaix pithead showers, which in over a century of existence will never have seen such exotic hair-care products.  Conditions are moderately muddy.

We have a large breakaway group with a lead of over five minutes. 

Edited by Grassmarket

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, today’s stage of the Tour of the Alps ended at the Ritten Arena outdoor Speed Skating rink!  :banana:

Actually…..riders were not very happy with it, leaders narrowly escaped a big pile-up at the entrance from the main road.  :old:  No Zambonis involved.