website statistics

Athletics 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

12 hours ago, FireRun said:

Some really good results today. It's a shame they had some technical difficulties during broadcasting. Our guys just decided to end the whole broadcast all together after the mens 800m final. 

Same here, I think that wasn't on your or our guys...they just didn't receive the video feed anymore :d 

It's a shame, but yeah it was a really good quality meet! Omanyana, Tebogo x2, Samukonga...nice.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Bearas said:

:LTU Mykolas Alekna sets a new PB in discus at 71.00m mark! That's also a new WU23R, 18th best PB of all-time and second best in Lithuanian history!

Was at the country so i could not post this,but this was incredible to see pop up live on the meeting results.The Man just can't be stopped.

6 hours ago, dullard said:

Other than those already qualified via 2022 worlds is qualification of relay teams for 2023 worlds based exclusively on the 2023 rankings?

8 from 2022 & Top 8 in the World Ranking.

And then after that heading to Paris.

https://worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-relays/bahamas24/news/press-releases/qualification-system-relays-nassau-24

Edited by Grassmarket

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I mean 2023 Worlds in Budapest. Is there a single ranking of relay teams during the qualification period or do you have to compile one yourself based on the 2022 and 2023 top lists?

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realise relays are in the road to Budapest rankings.

Edited by dullard