website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, all three have distinct walls, scoring systems, and climbing styles (though Boulder and Lead are somewhat similar). Most gyms will have Boulder and Lead walls, while Speed are a somewhat rare. Speed walls are uniform, while the others have basic requirements, but different construction from venue to venue. Speed and Lead use a belay (rope maned to be someone or fixed to a point), while Boulder uses no belay.

The “hooks” (not a bad term for that honestly), are generally called clips or carabiners.

My guess is that all three disciplines will feature at the European Games in some capacity (whether as separate events, combined, or other).

Maybe Speed + Combined Boulder/Lead to match with the 2024 Olympics?

18 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Maybe Speed + Combined Boulder/Lead to match with the 2024 Olympics?

Speed Climbing as a stand alone event is a near lock for the program given Poland’s success in the discipline.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went with the Combined event, but Climbing fans would probably prefer to see all three disciplines as independent events.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

What's with the Krakow-Małopolska shit? Who came up with a dumb idea to promote Polish regional names like that? Nobody outside of Poland will ever remember that anyway :p

I’m assuming Małopolska are paying for it.  :smoke:

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

What's with the Krakow-Małopolska shit? Who came up with a dumb idea to promote Polish regional names like that? Nobody outside of Poland will ever remember that anyway :p

Not those of us, who play geography games on their phones. :d

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I assume not many people can pronounce it anyway but the English version Lesser Poland sounds... ahem.. lesser? :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_Poland

It really begs the question of why they aren't holding the games in Greater Poland :P

• 2 weeks later...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela