website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

Archery quotas from 2022 European confirmed:

Men's Recurve Teams: :ESP:GBR:ITA:SUI:UKR

Men's Recurve Individual: :AUT:BEL:CZE:FIN:FRA:GER:HUN:LUX:MDA:NED:POR:ROU:SLO:SVK:SWE:TUR

Women's Recurve Teams: :DEN:GER:ITA:SLO:TUR 

Women's Recurve Individual: :AUT:AZE:BEL:BUL:CZE:ESP:EST:FIN:FRA:GBR:GEO:GRE:MDA:NED:SVK:UKR 

Men's Compound Individual: :DEN:ESP:EST:FRA:GER:NED:SVK:TUR

Women's Compound Individual: :BEL:DEN:FIN:FRA:GBR:ITA:LUX:TUR 

Also :POL qualified in all events as a host.

Summary here

• 2 weeks later...

About sport programm, it sadly doesn't include such important in Poland sport like volleyball (which was on the provisional list of sports), even in beach version :facepalm:When I did asked our Olympic Committee what is decision behind this they decided to ignore my message, while Organizing Comittee respond that they aren't responsible about sport programm....

Official sport programm will include:

Archery

Athletics (format of Team European Championships, with all 50 European NOC's)

Badminton

Basketball 3x3

Beach football

Beach handball

Boxing

Breakdancing (hurray....)

Canoeing slalom and sprint

Cycling mountain biking and freestyle BMX

Judo

Karate

Kickboxing

Modern Pentathlon

Mountain Running

Padel

Summer ski jumping

Shooting

Sport climbing

Table tennis

Taekwondo

Teqball

Triathlon

Besides mentioned in previous post volleyball other missing sports from provisional list are artistics swimming, diving, road cycling(!), gymnastics, rugby sevens, weightlifting and wrestling.

18 minutes ago, rybak said:

Official sport programm will include:

Archery

Athletics (format of Team European Championships, with all 50 European NOC's)

Badminton

Basketball 3x3

Beach football

Beach handball

Boxing

Breakdancing (hurray....)

Canoeing slalom and sprint

Cycling mountain biking and freestyle BMX

Judo

Karate

Kickboxing

Modern Pentathlon

Mountain Running

Padel

Summer ski jumping

Shooting

Sport climbing

Table tennis

Taekwondo

Teqball

Triathlon

Besides mentioned in previous post volleyball other missing sports from provisional list are artistics swimming, diving, road cycling(!), gymnastics, rugby sevens, weightlifting and wrestling.

I believe rugby sevens is still on the program, though I haven’t heard much about that admittedly. I only say something because it’s still listed here: https://www.european-games.org/european-games-2023-2/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe rugby sevens is still on the program, though I haven’t heard much about that admittedly. I only say something because it’s still listed here: https://www.european-games.org/european-games-2023-2/

I would want believe for that (it's always better to have more sports, than less, especially when it come to team sports) but I didn't heard anything about rugby lately as well, also this sport isn't included in the official preview video of our NOC instagram account, but I'm bit confused if this video have anything related with sport programm of upcoming Games since it includes road cycling and wrestling which are absent in the list... Just welcome in Poland, where you will find mess everywhere...

Athletics team championships with all NOCs must be a hell of organization stuff :p  just imagine the pole vault or high jump comptitions with 50 athletes

great to see canoeing slalom & shooting in, also kickboxing should be medal possibility for us here

• 2 weeks later...