website statistics

Biathlon 2019 Off Season Discussion

RobtheAggie

It will be interesting to see what happens to the individual.  It is the original race, and for a long time, the only race.  But in terms of viewership and attendance, it is at the bottom.  I could see either the M-60 or super sprint moved into its place.  I do like how the IBU is using the IBU Cup as a trial place, but I really like the Individual.  

Other things in the news - 

Canada has announced the location and dates for their National Championship.  It will be in Valcartier, Quebec.  A site that has hosted numerous NORAM events.  The funny thing, as an American, the US did not announce their location until almost December 2018 for the 2019 event in March.  Hopefully a little earlier next year. 

On 04/07/2019 at 11:05, heywoodu said:

The friendliest biathlon blog in the world had an interview with the friendliest biathlete in the world :)

https://biathlon23.wordpress.com/2019/07/04/bruna-de-moura-the-interview/

Does she really like the US uniform the best?  I really did not like it, I much preferred the orange one from a few years ago. 

The stars on the calf from the 2018-2019 one just looked odd to me.

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

And for a little fun, see how you do on this quiz on non-famous biathletes.

I got 6 of 10.

Marten Fourcade

Nadine Korchler

Andrey Rastorguev 

Don't know those :p

I'd like to see Kimi's biathlon skills.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Does she really like the US uniform the best?  I really did not like it, I much preferred the orange one from a few years ago. 

The stars on the calf from the 2018-2019 one just looked odd to me.

The main problem here was that there's not really any suit she likes the past season, same for me. At least USA showed it's colors and flag and stuff. Almost all others were so generic and boring.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Dates and locations for the NorAm Cup Races

Nov. 30 - Dec. 01, 2019 NorAm Cup 1 Canmore, Canada

Dec. 14 - 15, 2019 NorAm Cup 2 - Rendezvous Trails West Yellowstone MT West Yellowstone, Montana

Jan. 11 - 12, 2020 NorAm Cup 3 - EAST - Craftsbury Outdoor Center VT Craftsbury Common, Vermont

Jan. 11 - 12, 2020 NorAm Cup 3 - WEST- Hinton, Alberta CAN Hinton, Canada

Feb. 01 - 02, 2020 NorAm Cup 4 - Fort Kent Maine Fort Kent, Maine

Feb. 08 - 09, 2020 NorAm Cup 5 - Valcartier Quebec CAN Valcartier-Village, Canada

I didn't expect to ever see biathlon on phys.org :d 

"Best male biathletes 'more attractive'"

https://phys.org/news/2019-07-male-biathletes.html