website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023

rybak

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@rybak any thoughts on the acts having seen them in-person now?

:CZE Vesna needs badly to improve their vocals, they might be a shock non-qualifer without being better in such strong semifinal.

:GBR Mae improved her vocals in comprasion from what we could see in Barcelona, but still isnt good as it could be.

:CRO Let 3 seems to be most waited performer in night and it could be good if they wouldnt throw out from them their clothes, song is getting catchy for me now.

:SMR Piqued Jacks are very polite and cute band, but they could have much better song instead "Like an animal". With different song they could qualify. They were one of few artists with which I had chance to talk and have a photo. 

:MDA Pasha Parfeni was another artists with which I did talked and take a shot. He is very nice person as well. He talked with everyone who wanted do it, even when he was tired and when he had to perform in few minutes. His performance was one of the best in night and people much loved him that he did perform his entry from 2012 as well and then again current entry but without music. 

:ALB Albina with family was good as well, just like :IRL Wild Youth and :SLO Joker Out who entered middle of plate after performance, take a shot with people and performed again without music too, it was also very waited performance.

:LAT Sudden Lights could perform better but it wasnt that bad, I'm hoping they will somehow bring back Latvia to final first time since 2016.

I didnt liked performances of :ISL Dilja and :DEN Reily.

:LTU Monika songs and performance was good too and she was very kind when she greet people in Polish language, Vesna also did it too, they even performed a Polish folk song for 30 seconds in our language :p

:EST Alika performance was sadly boring as the song is, sorry girl but there was like at least 6 better acts in Eesti Laul...

There was also many special guests like "friend of Poland" :SMR Senhit who performed both Freaky and Adrenalina and she tried talk in Polish too :) :POR Suzy, :MNE Slavko Kalezic, :MKD Eye Cue, our second Junior Eurovision winner :POL Viki Gabor and :LUX Anne-Marie David who is celebrating 50th anniversy of her victory this year, she was the warmest welcomed performer of the event. 

Thats all what was worth to mention :d

Edit. I forgot to say that I have photo with Senhit as well, like with :MDA Sunstroke Project who was here too :p:POL Groome with his wife performed "Light me up" from 2018 as well.

Edited by rybak

• 1 month later...

Btw. After two rounds of rehearsals La Zarra of :FRA France moved onto 3rd place in being favourite to win, thanks very impressive staging. Can France win adult Eurovision just after winning Junior one in winter? It would be rare achievment.

Edit: Second btw. @ManuCHIL did you knew that Chilean tv station Chanel 13 will broadcast the Grand Final of the show? :) 

Edited by rybak

So disappointed by Norway....one of my favorite overall songs (so not just ESC) in terms of the studio version, but this was honestly a dramatic performance :(

Malta sounded fun, Serbia went by rather unnoticed. A bit of half music and then it was suddenly done.

Latvia...meh, not great.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!