website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023

Totallympics

Well, I wasn't expecting to win but I definitely wasn't expecting to be losing 9-0 after 1 inning :facepalm:. You gotta feel bad for the starting pitcher, Mitch Bratt. A 19 year old minor leagues and you're asked to pitch against possibly the greatest offense of all time. 

I am secretly hoping the plan was to treat this as a throw away game and that we saved our better pitchers against Colombia and Mexico

6 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Well, I wasn't expecting to win but I definitely wasn't expecting to be losing 9-0 after 1 inning :facepalm:. You gotta feel bad for the starting pitcher, Mitch Bratt. A 19 year old minor leagues and you're asked to pitch against possibly the greatest offense of all time. 

I am secretly hoping the plan was to treat this as a throw away game and that we saved our better pitchers against Colombia and Mexico

which would be a smart idea...if only the main tiebreaker wasn't the "runs allowed/outs" ratio...:crazy:

also the win with big margin vs :GBR...unfortunately, you risk to pay the prize for the 8 runs allowed more than what's the reward for the 18 runs scored.

with the current rules, a 1-0 win is worth a lot more than a 18-8, I fear.

by the way, pool C might turn into another "pool of chaos" like pool A, if the next games go according to my pervert plan :p :lol:

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, pool C might turn into another "pool of chaos" like pool A, if the next games go according to my pervert plan :p :lol:

Which I imagine USA beating Canada and losing to Colombia, and Mexico beating GB then losing to Canada.

by the way, our great win vs :NED has sorted out some good news for the baseball fans here in Italy...:cheer:

our TV (Sky Italia) has decided to show all 4 quarterfinals live and not only the game of our guys as it was previously announced. :yikes:

we can really say that last Sunday it was a miracle win, in more than one meaning...:d