website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Really strong performance from the French team with a qualifying score of 161.428 compared to 155.162 at this year's Europeans. The Dutch team also improved since Munich scoring 159.396 compared to 156.464 but I'm not sure that is going to be enough to qualify for the final.

For the Commonwealth nations, Canada scored 152.7 in Birmingham and have progressed to 159.661 in Liverpool. Australia however have fallen back since the commonwealths - dropping from 158 at the Commies to 156.095 today and they are unlikely to make the final. 

It's been a strong start from Brazil who look to be heading towards a score in excess of 160 while Germany are currently running around 2 points ahead of their European performance so should end up on a score around 159/160. With GBR and Italy still to come, it looks like it may come down to Canada and Germany for that final spot in the final. 

Canada has its A team here (missing Olsen, who withdrew due to her mom passing away), versus the Commonwealths

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

BB has been a curse for many teams here, only :JPN and :USA didn't struggle.

For me, it's the most stress inducing apparatus. I don't even consider a team's performance until after the BB. Just like the PH for the men.

:CAN is safe for the team final.

I'm really upset with the performances today. :BRA lost an easy gold medal on vault, Flávia Saraiva is probably hurt and now we'll have no chances of a team medal, a second all-around medal and maybe a medal on floor.

We still have Rebeca in the all-around, floor, bars and maybe beam, but this is definitely not the way I thought this would be.