website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Tokyo OG medalist :TPE Lee Chih-Kai withdraw due to last-minute catching Covid with fever. Sadly :TPE give up men's team event and initially they are ambitious to reach the Final to increase exposure. I always think Lee deserves a world champion title with his impressive PH routine but always ended one step away. Some media and I think it's because he is not from a traditional powerhouse.

7 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

:USA women's team did pretty great as expected. Should be in all finals.

It's difficult to say too much given the lack of teams to complete so far, but I'm not sure that :USA will be all that pleased with their score.

They complete qualification with a score of 167.263 which is significantly down on their score from qualifying in Tokyo (170.562), qualifying at 2019 World Champs (174.205) and the 2019 World Final (172.330) where they took gold. However, it is in line with their score from the Tokyo final (166.096) where they took silver. 

Whilst I'm not saying that they won't make the team final, 167 is a beatable score - particularly when you factor in the fact that they have a tendency to post a lower score in the final compared to qualifying.  If the same pattern persists, USA could post 164/165 in the final which is well within the capability of the teams from China, Italy, Great Britain and France to achieve. 

Will be interesting to see what the results look like tomorrow after all the subdivisions have completed. From the competitions I have seen so far this year, I get the impression that the scores have been generally lower than in previous years so it could well be that 164-167 range is still enough for an Olympic quota, but it is not impossible that USA could miss out on a top 3 finish in the final. 

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

They complete qualification with a score of 167.263 which is significantly down on their score from qualifying in Tokyo (170.562), qualifying at 2019 World Champs (174.205) and the 2019 World Final (172.330) where they took gold. However, it is in line with their score from the Tokyo final (166.096) where they took silver. 

Whilst I'm not saying that they won't make the team final, 167 is a beatable score - particularly when you factor in the fact that they have a tendency to post a lower score in the final compared to qualifying.  If the same pattern persists, USA could post 164/165 in the final which is well within the capability of the teams from China, Italy, Great Britain and France to achieve.

Sure, but the new code of points have reduced the difficult scores in all apparatus, so that's actually a very good result for them. While all these teams could achieve a score close to this (+ Brazil), i'll still be shocked if they lose gold this time around, especially without Russia.

China with a 162, I think that opens up other nations to potentially push it out of the podium.

Canada got a 159, hoping that's enough to make the final. They are currently in third, but there are still a bunch of good nations remaining.

6 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Canada got a 159, hoping that's enough to make the final. They are currently in third, but there are still a bunch of good nations remaining.

:BRA:ITA:GBR:FRA are the teams I believe will outscore Canada, while :JPN:GER:NED could also pose a threat.

But, to be honest, I think Canada is safe.

5 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

:BRA:ITA:GBR:FRA are the teams I believe will outscore Canada, while :JPN:GER:NED could also pose a threat.

But, to be honest, I think Canada is safe.

Yeah, those are the set of nations I'm watching. Rotation 7 with :JPN and :NED will decide Canada's fate.

Really strong performance from the French team with a qualifying score of 161.428 compared to 155.162 at this year's Europeans. The Dutch team also improved since Munich scoring 159.396 compared to 156.464 but I'm not sure that is going to be enough to qualify for the final.

For the Commonwealth nations, Canada scored 152.7 in Birmingham and have progressed to 159.661 in Liverpool. Australia however have fallen back since the commonwealths - dropping from 158 at the Commies to 156.095 today and they are unlikely to make the final. 

It's been a strong start from Brazil who look to be heading towards a score in excess of 160 while Germany are currently running around 2 points ahead of their European performance so should end up on a score around 159/160. With GBR and Italy still to come, it looks like it may come down to Canada and Germany for that final spot in the final.