website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm really upset with the performances today. :BRA lost an easy gold medal on vault, Flávia Saraiva is probably hurt and now we'll have no chances of a team medal, a second all-around medal and maybe a medal on floor.

I'm most upset about Flavia than anything else. Hopefully she still can compete in team final but is unlikely we'll fight for the quota now (especially if she sits out in FX and BB). It was shocking to see Rebeca out of vault final but she can get that medal next time.

12 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

:USA :GBR :ITA (which was quite impressive despite average scores on BB)

The USA definitely but after that 4-5 countries could be in contention for the podium and quotas. We now move from best three scores from four to all three counting so mistakes are far more costly. Italy have scope for improvement on the BB so they may be the strongest of the challengers. Fingers crossed on the third team.

Pleasantly surprised by the :GBR performance although possibly disappointed by the number of individual finals achieved. Over the summer they have struggled to break out of the 161 range so they've got to be pleased to finish with 164.595 and they've got to believe they have genuine chance of securing Olympic quota at the first opportunity.  

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Pleasantly surprised by the :GBR performance although possibly disappointed by the number of individual finals achieved. Over the summer they have struggled to break out of the 161 range so they've got to be pleased to finish with 164.595 and they've got to believe they have genuine chance of securing Olympic quota at the first opportunity.  

Two words. Balance beam. 🤞🤞🤞

I hope you're right. I fancy the men's team to do it but I must admit I thought (still suspect) the women would (will) have to do it at next year's WC.

Edited by Nickyc707

2 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

At least on paper, :USA :CHN :ITA are the countries I'd say have the biggest chance of a medal. China and Italy lost many points on beam, as well as Brazil. Great Britain was heavily helped by the judges.

GB was heavily helped by the judges in the ECH too. Nothing new.

Italy have 2 big absences, i don't think have great chances for a medal. 

Edited by Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo

Just now, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

GB was heavily helped by the judges in the ECH too. Nothing new.

Italy have 2 big absences, i don't think have great chances for a medal. 

I'd say Brazil would easily win a medal, but with Flávia Saraiva probably injured, we have no chance of a medal now. Brazil had lots of mistakes on beam and a watered-down bars routine from Flávia. We can realistically score around 166 on a great day. But we have no chance if Flávia is hurt.