website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2022 - 2023

Henry_Leon

Rangers FC vs SSC Napoli rescheduled to 14 September

UEFA announced that the UEFA Champions League tie between Rangers FC and SSC Napoli, originally to be played on Tuesday 13 September, has been rescheduled for Wednesday 14 September at 21.00CET.

This is due to the severe limitations on police resources and organisational issues related to the ongoing events surrounding the national mourning for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

In addition, it was agreed to also postpone the UEFA Youth League game between both teams from Tuesday 13 September to Wednesday 14 September at 15.00CET.

Away fans will not be authorised at the games, and as a matter of sporting fairness, Rangers’ fans will not be authorised for the return legs in Naples.

• 3 weeks later...

What a night for ITALY!!!!!

Ajax :NED 1 - 6  :ITA Napoli  :hyper:

The Ajax heaviest ever defeat in the competition.

Inter Milano :ITA  1 - 0 :ESP Barcelona

Inter recorded their first victory against Spanish opposition in this competition since their 3-1 semi-final first-leg success against the Blaugrana in April 2010.

:evil:And as always .......... Bayern (5-0 Plzeň) are now unbeaten in last 31 group stage games - a new competition record!!!

This was the 26th time Bayern have scored five goals or more in a UCL game, group stage to final.

Barcelona - Inter was the best match of year, that i have watched :bowdown: Inter should feel they lost the win, but now they only need to beat Plzen and will knockdown Barca to the Europa League for the second year in a row. :clap:

Very surprising champions league this year.

Based on current standings only one spanish team would qualify, and only two italian teams would qualify, quite a surprise to me.

Also quite interested with what Benfica can manage, they're playing a very good football nowadays.

Still I think the biggest surprise is Napoli, it's absolutely delightful to watch their football, even as someone cheering for ajax :d

Edited by kungshamra71

18 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Very surprising champions league this year.

Based on current standings only one italian team would qualify, and only two spanish teams would qualify, quite a surprise to me.

Also quite interested with what Benfica can manage, they're playing a very good football nowadays.

Still I think the biggest surprise is Napoli, it's absolutely delightful to watch their football, even as someone cheering for ajax :d

How can only 1 Italian team could qualify, when Napoli have already done so and Inter have clear advantage over Barca and will need only a win against dead last Plzen :d Even Milan with their even group have a very good chance, since their matches with the top dog Chelsea are over, regardless of their bad form and lots of injuries.

19 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

How can only 1 Italian team could qualify, when Napoli have already done so and Inter have clear advantage over Barca and will need only a win against dead last Plzen :d Even Milan with their even group have a very good chance, since their matches with the top dog Chelsea are over, regardless of their bad form and lots of injuries.

:yikes: i meant the other way around: Spanish with only one team and Italians with only two teams haha

Gonna edit the comment, thanks for noticing that out :d