website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

1 hora atrás, Wanderer disse:

Kerber-Keys to decide who is second semifinalist from the group. I'd like to see Cibulkova in semis, much better showing than Keys so far

As an Halep fan, I'll have to cheer against Cibulkova this time :p

However, if Dominika plays like she played her first match, it will be really tough for Simona.... 

3 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

As an Halep fan, I'll have to cheer against Cibulkova this time :p

However, if Dominika plays like she played her first match, it will be really tough for Simona.... 

Hm, Cibulkova already beat Halep 2-0. Simona has no chances to advance to semifinal

Sveta tops the white group no matter what, so we already have one semifinal pair, Kuznetsova vs. Cibulkova.

Radwanska and Pliskova will determine the second semifinalist in direct clash. Should be interesting, but given how slow is the surface and how much Pliškova depends on serve and previous H2H, I'd say Aga should win this one. But one can never be sure with WTA these days :d

We have semifinals:

Kerber vs. Radwanska

Kuznetsova vs. Cibulkova

I think Cibulkova can win her match. She already beat Sveta few weeks ago and fatigue can really cost Sveta this time.

Kerber and Aga... well, curious one, Angie showed more so far. I'd bet on Angie :d

Abigail Tere-Apisah from :PNG is into Bendigo ITF $50,000 semifinal! As a qualifier, she beat Yuki Christina Chiang (USA, qualifier) in first round and then surprised third seed Israeli Julia Glushko world #167, and just two years ago ranked #79, in three sets. She backed up this win with a win over young Australian Naiktha Bains. She is playing top seed, Japanese Risa Ozaki, for the place in the final. With this result Papuan girl is expected to enter top 450 on the WTA list! :)