website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Great tournament in Tampico, ITF $50,000, for young players. All quarterfinalists are 21 or younger.

:BEL Mertens (1995) vs. :GBR Swan (1999)

:RUS Flink (1996) vs. :USA Arconada (1998)

:MEX Rodriguez (1995) vs. :GBR Christie (1997)

:ARG Podoroska (1997) vs. :RUS Zhuk (1999)

I have to say, GB have great filed of young and promising girls. I hope Konta's rise will inspire youngsters to do better. Swan and Christie are the ones to watch. From time to time there are flashes from Boulter, Dart. Dunne, Taylor (if any of them fulfills potential, it'll be great). And there are some younger with expectations. Will Robson ever return, I don't know.

Also, another Russian wave probably is going to happen. Kasatkina is one of them and probably bearer. Blinkova, Kalinskaya, Vikhlyantseva, Komardina, Pervushina, Potapova, Zhuk...

Would like to see Hungarian trio of Galfi, Bondar and Stollar doing well...

2 horas atrás, Wanderer disse:

We have semifinals:

Kerber vs. Radwanska

Kuznetsova vs. Cibulkova

I think Cibulkova can win her match. She already beat Sveta few weeks ago and fatigue can really cost Sveta this time.

Kerber and Aga... well, curious one, Angie showed more so far. I'd bet on Angie :d

Kerber vs Radwanska, I expect a great match tomorrow! :clap:

And the second match, how interest can it be! Either we'll have a finalist that qualified loosing her first two matches (like Radwanska last year) or we'll have a finalist who got her WTA Finals spot last Saturday, one day before the competition started :p

Edited by kungshamra71

28 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Kerber vs Radwanska, I expect a great match tomorrow! :clap:

And the second match, how interest can it be! Either we'll have a finalist that qualified loosing her first two matches (like Radwanska last year) or we'll have a finalist who got her WTA Finals spot last Saturday, one day before the competition started :p

Well, I do hope top seeds can provide a quality match :d

but I'm more eager to watch Sveta and Pome

Radwanska will end this season on 3rd place in WTA Ranking - it's the highest in this career. It's surprising that she didn't higher in previous years.

I think that she can play fantastic one of seasons to 2020, like Kerber in this year. 

But today - Kerber wins with Radwańska and Cibulkova beat tired Kuznetsova. 

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Great tournament in Tampico, ITF $50,000, for young players. All quarterfinalists are 21 or younger.

:BEL Mertens (1995) vs. :GBR Swan (1999)

:RUS Flink (1996) vs. :USA Arconada (1998)

:MEX Rodriguez (1995) vs. :GBR Christie (1997)

:ARG Podoroska (1997) vs. :RUS Zhuk (1999)

Well, I'm not surprised about Rodriguez... she's real good and has some potential, unfortunately the Mexican federation does nothing to support and find good coaches for them to improve.

6 horas atrás, hckosice disse:

DOMI POMEEEEEE :clap: wowwww thats insane :lol: I want more such returns home as I have just right now :d

I just came here to say that Dominka has a new fan here in Portugal!!! What a fighting spirit!!! I'm not sure what she can do tomorrow against Kerber, but I will be chearing for her! :clap: :cheer::SVK