website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

OMG, that last game :bowdown:

Congrats Pome! And I thought she would beat Angie. Angie's serve was really bad today, also many unforced errors. But Domi constantly pushed her with her amazing offensive shots, returns... I was afraid after miss on third match point, but she survived it and won biggest title in career. Congrats Dominika :SVK 

10 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

OMG, that last game :bowdown:

Congrats Pome! And I thought she would beat Angie. Angie's serve was really bad today, also many unforced errors. But Domi constantly pushed her with her amazing offensive shots, returns... I was afraid after miss on third match point, but she survived it and won biggest title in career. Congrats Dominika :SVK 

Not a tennis history expert, but I am pretty sure she is the smallest player ever winning this tournament ? how is this even possible ? anyway very succesfull day for slovak sport. Congrats Domi , enjoy your huge triumph :cheer:

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

Not a tennis history expert, but I am pretty sure she is the smallest player ever winning this tournament ? how is this even possible ? anyway very succesfull day for slovak sport. Congrats Domi , enjoy your huge triumph :cheer:

I am not an expert in players' heights but I wouldn't be surprised if she actually is. Dunno about Henin though :mumble:

WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai draw:

Azalea Group: :GBR Johanna Konta, :AUS Samantha Stosur, :FRA Caroline Garcia

Camellia Group: :ESP Carla Suarez Navarro, :SUI Timea Bacsinszky, :CHN Shuai Zhang

Peony Group: :CZE Petra Kvitova, :ITA Roberta Vinci, :CZE Barbora Strycova

Rose Group: :UKR Elina Svitolina, :RUS Elena Vesnina, :NED Kiki Bertens

Hopman Cup 2017 (January 1-7) provisional teams have been announced while ago. 

Group A
:FRA Kristina Mladenovic/Richard Gasquet

:GER Andrea Petkovic/Alexander Zverev

:GBR Heather Watson/Dan Evans

:SUI Belinda Bencic/Roger Federer

Group B

:AUS Daria Gavrilova/Nick Kyrgios

:CZE Petra Kvitova/Adam Pavlasek

:ESP Lara Arruabarrena/Feliciano Lopez

:USA Coco Vandeweghe/Jack Sock

I wondered will we have some African team any time soon. At the moment South African women's tennis is nowhere and the only decent African team I can think of would be :TUN with Ons Jabeur and Malek Jaziri. Meanwhile, South American women are also poorly ranked... Hopefully Japan/China/Kazakhstan will show interest some day.