website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

14 horas atrás, Wanderer disse:

That's true. If Kuznetsova wins in Moscow she'll take last spot. And I'd love to see her in Singapore. The surface will suit her far more than to Konta who is much better on fast courts - therefore her chances in Zhuhai will be much, much higher. And someone has to give some match to Radwanska in that White Group :p

What a year for WTA... No wonder we have such a field at Year End Championships. 

Yeah, Red group is too tough!

Kuznetskva is already in the final so we'll know it today. Though I must say it's sad, Konta is already in Singapore taking part on the selfies and all that typical media stuff of a WTA Finals, all this without knowning if she's gonna take part or not...

17 minut temu, kungshamra71 napisał:

Kuznetsova won in Moscow, so she won the last spot for WTA Finals, and Johanna Konta is out :)

Konta still will be in Singapore, as first reserved player, cause someone will withdraw or retired and won't be able to play ;)

23 minutos atrás, rybak disse:

Konta still will be in Singapore, as first reserved player, cause someone will withdraw or retired and won't be able to play ;)

Yes, when I said "out" I said out of the competition (if everything goes without withdraws/someone retiring, which is what I hope for a good tournament :) ).

3 horas atrás, rybak disse:

Dominika just lead in third set with break :d

That was quite a match, but Kerber managed to end up as a winner :d

Still, great game from the Slovak, and she won a set which may be important at the end of this group phase. I look forward to see her agains Halep :p

Big clash yesterday with Kerber beating Halep in 2 sets!  Also, too bad for Cibulkova, after the match against Kerber I expected a bit more of her, Madison Keys was just too much for her :p

Today two interesting games:  Pliskova vs Kuznetsova (both won their first match) and Radwanska vs Muguruza!