website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Have your countries (the ones who qualified for the euro) official songs for the Euro? 

:wPOR: Portugal's song mixed voices from other countries like Ludmilla and Giulia Be from Brazil :wBRA: and Preto Show from Angola :wANG:, and shows flags from all the other portuguese speaking nations, our brother-nations, as we call them :d

Many Brazilians  support Portugal in major competitions. I remember in 2006 WC everyone was supporting Portugal after Brazil desqualification (maybe because of Felipão, a national idol back in 2006 hehe) 

1 minute ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Many Brazilians  support Portugal in major competitions. I remember in 2006 WC everyone was supporting Portugal after Brazil desqualification (maybe because of Felipão, a national idol back in 2006 hehe) 

I love this.

We portuguese (the majority, i want to believe) also always support Brazil, or Angola/Moçambique/Cabo Verde/Guinea Bissau on their own competitions.

I remember in 2000, when Moçambique got their first gold medal ever with Maria Mutola, everyone was watching the final race cheering for her :d

33 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think both are. It honestly would make just as much sense to avoid :HUN v :SVK and :HUN v :ROU in a draw as FIFA/UEFA tends to avoid other matches that are difficult for the organizers. 

You know how it goes. They separate Hungary and Slovakia in the draw and BOOOM, Hungary vs Slovakia final and we all die.

:p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

I love this.

We portuguese (the majority, i want to believe) also always support Brazil, or Angola/Moçambique/Cabo Verde/Guinea Bissau on their own competitions.

I remember in 2000, when Moçambique got their first gold medal ever with Maria Mutola, everyone was watching the final race cheering for her :d

Probably because of links established since the period that these countries were Portugal's colonies :)

1 minute ago, George_D said:

Probably because of links established since the period that these countries were Portugal's colonies :)

Yeah but since there was a war with the african countries, one could fear that a bad relation could result out of it between people.

But I'm really happy that it ended up being the other way around, with Portugal feeling the support of our "brothers", and portuguese cheering with happiness when the other portuguese-speaking nations win :)

44 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Have your countries (the ones who qualified for the euro) official songs for the Euro? 

:wPOR: Portugal's song mixed voices from other countries like Ludmilla and Giulia Be from Brazil :wBRA: and Preto Show from Angola :wANG:, and shows flags from all the other portuguese speaking nations, our brother-nations, as we call them :d

Here's the Hungarian EURO2020 song.

As far as Hungarian "sport songs" go for this summer, I prefer our Tokyo2020 song.

Final: Impossible to predict (thanks to group F). France should make it. Next in line based on talent are Germany, England and Portugal. 

Golden boot: Should be between Griezmann, Mbappe, Immobile, Kane and Lukaku.  

Best player: Usually Someone from the winning team. The best bet would probably be one out of Griezmann/Mbappe/Pogba/Kante.  

Most concerned: Russian hooligans, lack of quality thanks to all those teams being added, weird results in the Last Matches of group Stage thanks to Teams trying to avoid Portugal/France.

Most looking forward to: Finally fans again, England flopping once again ... and the tournament finally being over which will mean that we are finally getting rid of Löw.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.