website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

On 29/06/2021 at 23:39, hckošice said:

another one who boycotts the reading of the rules, wumo will be happy  :lol:

Only because in the case of football I generally think "Well how hard can it be, two places to fill in a number of goals" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:UKR Artem Besedin has been ruled out for up to six months with a partially torn ACL, MCL and a broken tibia.

But of course it wasn't a foul, right?

To be entirely fair, the fact that it ended up in a horrible injury doesn't make it a foul. It's a foul because of his dangerous play.

By now, everyone who has some knowledge about football (like referees, players and so on) who I've heard talking about it, agree that it was or might be a red card because of dangerous play (not all actual experts even agree that it was a red card), but not because of an attack on the leg. He went for the ball and got the ball, that is as clear as day when you actually watch the whole situation - and not only the one second where he ends up hitting the leg. Then before he could really react, Besedin was there and he had no way to stop anymore.

Yes, his leg should not have been that high up with his foot forward, which makes the red card at the very least acceptable.

No, he was not actively trying to attack anyone's leg.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

It is stupid to be that emotional about sport, but at least with a child it is somewhat understandable. I hope that those people aren’t serious, but I don’t have much hope. Sadly nowadays in developed countries it is almost impossible to be too stupid to survive.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

26 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I'm going to keep some (probably naive) faith in humanity with that Jaack guy (top right), because that does sound very sarcastic. It might not be, but I prefer to believe it is meant sarcastically...

As for the rest, go break your arms.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-57694686

BBC News 

18m 
After the little girl was abused on social media because she was seen crying on TV when Germany lost to England, Joel Hughes decided to see "if we can end up putting a smile" on her face.