website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

21 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Those countries will rightly not  u turn now. Cosmdeirng how unpopular FIFA is I really don’t think it’s worth it from them for the world to think they pro Russia at a time like this. If they not careful FIFA could lose many members permanently.

But FIFA can always sink lower.

Yea but if they kick Russia out then everyone should.  No OAR in the paralympic games.   No tennis players.  No Russians in the diamond league.  Nothing.   And athletes don't deserve this. 

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

Are you serious?  

With this criteria we shouldn't give "even a toilet paper" to a lot of countries due to a multitude of conflicts from the past.

Yes, I am serious. The neverending civil war in Yemen proves that. Nobody gives a damn about that country least of all USA.

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

This really proves how double standard are many people here with all due respect, what do Yemeni people deal with their Regine decisions , I quit this forum where nationalities decide your human rights,  I'm really sick of your double standards and hatred against American black, Asians, Russians, Chinese, Muslims , etc goodbye and thanks for memories 

Hello thepharoah, I am sorry to hear about that!

As @MHSN said, you can use the ignore function for any user you do not want to read the posts. Just select the user and click on this button:

Senza-titolo.png

The posts of that/those user(s) will not appear to you anymore (when you are logged in of course). Unfortunately in a 200 users community it is normal you do not get well with all 200 users, but until when you get well with the majority of them, it would be a pity to leave a community just because of some exceptions :yes

Trying to look at the bright side, on social networks we could find 500x worse comments than the worst I have read here, but for the same reason above we are all still using them somehow :d

Is there any legal way to ban Russia? I mean, FIFA can't just say "we don't want you to be there", that's not how this works. As far as I know there isn't any rule that a country can be banned because it's part of an ongoing military conflict. The only way to ban Russia is to prove that their federation broke some rules, which is probably not the case. People need to realize that the system is build on the mutual understanding that you can't force countries out of sport events just because you don't like what they did outside of the world of sports, you need something more concrete than that. If we cross this bridge we will soon enter an era of sports where the Olympic boycotts of the 80s will happen again. 

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Is there any legal way to ban Russia? I mean, FIFA can't just say "we don't want you to be there", that's not how this works. As far as I know there isn't any rule that a country can be banned because it's part of an ongoing military conflict. The only way to ban Russia is to prove that their federation broke some rules, which is probably not the case. People need to realize that the system is build on the mutual understanding that you can't force countries out of sport events just because you don't like what they did outside of the world of sports, you need something more concrete than that. If we cross this bridge we will soon enter an era of sports where the Olympic boycotts of the 80s will happen again. 

well, that would not be so unprecedented to be honest, Denmark was EURO 1992 champion after UEFA banned already qualified :YUG

16 minutes ago, hckošice said:

well, that would not be so unprecedented to be honest, Denmark was EURO 1992 champion after UEFA banned already qualified :YUG

Well... I actually forgot about that. But that was a ban due to the UN Security Council agreeing on that Yugoslavia should be banned from sport events. Obviously the UN SC won't be able to ban Russia because Russia and China will be against it.

Russia already made it clear that they will block the Security Council: https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/02/1112802

8 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Yea but if they kick Russia out then everyone should.  No OAR in the paralympic games.   No tennis players.  No Russians in the diamond league.  Nothing.   And athletes don't deserve this. 

There has been demands for all of those.

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Either Russia is banned or they won’t be a World Cup. The press has said no England at the World Cup if Russia is there. France, Germany and Spain will all decide the same. Will CAS want to be responsible for cancelling the World Cup? If they do then Fifa could well simply decide to ignore CAS knowing that most of the world would be behind them. Fifa might well decide moving from Switzerland is worth it if it means the World Cup is not cancelled.