website statistics

Rowing 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

After Day 1:

JW2X: Our girls dominated their heat and anything other than a gold would be a big disappointment. Although Natsioula won bronze here in 2020 and gold in 2021 so silver would also be nice so she can get all colours :lol:

JM2X: I guess the goal is to advance to Final A from SF tomorrow. Makrygiannis is only 14 yo competing at U19 so it is really hard to expect anything from him at this age.

JM4-: They are in Final B, disappointing.

JW4X: I expected more from this team but Leventelli seems out of form after her bronze last year at the European U23s in LW1X, and Ntara is only 14 yo. Still they advanced to Final A so let's see what they do but I don't expect a medal unfortunately. 

JW1X: Gkogkou dominated her heat and it seems that she will definitely win a medal, she's probably the favourite for gold although I don't know about this Italian girl.

JM4X: I expect a medal from them but the first goal is to make Final A.

JW2-: They won their heat and anything less than a medal would be a massive disappointment.

JM2-: They made it to Final A but it's not very convincing, I don't expect a medal.

Once again our girls are the ones we expect the medals from. I think we will finish with 3-4 medals. JW2X, JW1X, JW2- all should do it and then possibly JM4X with a small chance to JW4X.

21 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I think we will finish with 3-4 medals. JW2X, JW1X, JW2- all should do it and then possibly JM4X.

JW2X: Gold

JW1X: Gold

JW2-: Gold

JM4x: Silver

:GRE:clap:

We really dominated the women's events with one or two people in the boat, and our JM4X did great especially with a 15yo winning a medal :yes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, rybak said:

According article on insidethegames, all rowing events, at 2028 Los Angeles Olympics will be held on distance 1500m, instead standard 2000m...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1127581/world-rowing-la28-long-beach-1500m

Can they please stop with so many of these shit decisions? 

Can't somebody put a foot down? 

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Can they please stop with so many of these shit decisions? 

Can't somebody put a foot down? 

Luckily Bach will be gone after Paris 2024, then maybe some decisions will be revoked and new president will be better, but I'm not expecting anything good from IOC right now.

For me, the boat sports are biggest challenge facing LA28. Obviously, there are strong concerns about water use in the state at the moment. There’s a possibility things improve in the future, but there’s also a possibility they get worse. It’s a tough environment to navigate.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

if the problem of the new venue is that fuckin' bridge shortening the course, just throw it down!!! :yikes: :lol:

p.s. by the way, I'm asking myself why the organizations run by French and/or German presidents are always the worst in the world? (remembering the damage that Rene Roch did to fencing during his infamous tenure...and watching FIL-Luge and IOC's current top managers, for instance)

39 minutes ago, phelps said:

if the problem of the new venue is that fuckin' bridge shortening the course, just throw it down!!! :yikes: :lol:

p.s. by the way, I'm asking myself why the organizations run by French and/or German presidents are always the worst in the world? (remembering the damage that Rene Roch did to fencing during his infamous tenure...and watching FIL-Luge and IOC's current top managers, for instance)

Did Sebastian Coe or Gianni Infantino change their passport? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!