website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Queen & King of the Court is expected to become a demonstration sport at LA 2028, with the potential of getting added to the Brisbane 2032 programme. Even as a beach volleyball fan, I don’t love the idea of it being at the Olympics. 

https://www.abendblatt.de/sport/article242479368/beachvolleyball-queen-king-of-the-court-olympisch-hamburg-active-city-arena.html

Entire article is in German, so you might need to use Google Translate it :p

I love how they come up with a name for some event which says literally zero about what kind of event it is. If you hadn't specifically said you're a beach volleyball fan, I would not even have guessed the sport correctly :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Chess at the Olympics would be awesome and I will not accept anyone saying otherwise :<

Maybe if they created an Olympics specifically for sports like these. (won’t be watching a single second of it however :p)

Otherwise, yeah nope… Ugh. 

Personally speaking (and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this), I believe that any sports that get added to the Olympic programme need to have an aspect of physical ability. Chess (which is a mind sport) doesn’t fit in that category. 

19 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Chess at the Olympics would be awesome and I will not accept anyone saying otherwise :<

Chess being added and taking away even a single spot from any physical sport would make me so much madder than even breaking being added :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Maybe if they created an Olympics specifically for sports like these. (won’t be watching a single second of it however :p)

Otherwise, yeah nope… Ugh. 

Personally speaking (and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this), I believe that any sports that get added to the Olympic programme need to have an aspect of physical ability. Chess (which is a mind sport) doesn’t fit in that category. 

I have long, long wanted a mind sport Olympics.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Chess being added and taking away even a single spot from any physical sport would make me so much madder than even breaking being added :p 

Dunno, if they dropped breaking to let in chess, i'd live with it...

13 hours ago, Josh said:

Queen & King of the Court is expected to become a demonstration sport at LA 2028, with the potential of getting added to the Brisbane 2032 programme. Even as a beach volleyball fan, I don’t love the idea of it being at the Olympics. 

https://www.abendblatt.de/sport/article242479368/beachvolleyball-queen-king-of-the-court-olympisch-hamburg-active-city-arena.html

Entire article is in German, so you might need to use Google Translate it :p

I don't think this is any different to the "Beach Handball" tournament the Handball Federation is hosting on their own dureing the Paris 2024 Olympics.

They sell theirs as a showcase to get the sport to the olympics games, but it has no "official recognition".

I think this would be the same. A publicity stunt.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Josh said:

Personally, I find the idea of a chess tournament at the Olympics compelling. I think there's a lot that could be done to make it a great addition to the program. However, I think I've posted about it on the forum before.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Dunno, if they dropped breaking to let in chess, i'd live with it...

I would not, and that says quite something about my opinion on chess being Olympic :p