website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

12 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Gosh, never realized that you were still a teen. I remember being one of, if not the, youngest active member on GamesBids way back during the 2014 bidding process and now you’re telling me there are super active members here who are almost a decade younger than I am? That feels weird xD

To at least another 5000 posts :D

Yep turning 19 in just over a month. I have some really cool birthday facts I’ll tell then. I did actually find the GamesBids forums last week (and noticed they use the engine/platform we do), but it didn’t seem nearly as good as this. I’m here to date people (as in making them feel old) :p

No, I’m making like Bolt and Marcel and stopping while I’m ahead. 10,000 will signal my retirement. Jk

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

I know right, if we'd celebrate every 5000th post with a book we'd spend half our lives writing.

Hide contents

Kidding of course @Olympian1010, congrats and lovely post to read :cheer: 

I didn’t want to waste the occasion on American Football, so I went all in :p. I’d been planning that since Saturday when I noticed I was getting close.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

Cool that my complaints made you hooked by the way, sorry :d 

I was naive. I actually thought you were a Brazilian Weightlifting fan because of your avatar :lol:

It really did make me interested though. I had very similar feelings. Plus, if was kind of a “fuck it” moment when I joined.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I was naive. I actually thought you were a Brazilian Weightlifting fan because of your avatar :lol:

It really did make me interested though. I had very similar feelings. Plus, if was kind of a “fuck it” moment when I joined.

tenor.gif?itemid=5754891

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5754891

Well your avatar was the Brazilian flag with what appeared (to me) to a bar lifting (kind of an optical illusion). I actually thought this for about my first 6 months on the forum.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ladies and Gentleman, this is my 5,000 post. I didn’t want this occasion to go by without marking it, so get ready for this monster of a post.!

Amazing post, it's always nice be part of an amazing history. Now it's time to have a 4th zero on the post number ;)

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I did actually find the GamesBids forums last week (and noticed they use the engine/platform we do), but it didn’t seem nearly as good as this. I’m here to date people (as in making them feel old) :p

No, I’m making like Bolt and Marcel and stopping while I’m ahead. 10,000 will signal my retirement. Jk

GamesBidders are mostly old folks tho :p

The only thing I missed from there is the logo competition despite I can only mess around with Photoshop and hopefully produce something good enough :lol:

@Olympian1010 Nice post Matt. Thanks for the mention, it's very nice to be part(even a small part) of your history here

Interesting that we found the forum at the same way. :thumbup:

Edited by Laraja
I wrote "year" instead "here" =p