website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

58 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Tonight a minute's silence was held before the Series B match between Operario and Ponte Preta in tribute to Rodrigo. Huk's team won 2-1.

It’s a beautiful gesture though, especially for someone who worked as a journalist. It really shows how much he meant to people :(. I was going to suggest changing to forum’s basic color to black and replacing the XC skier with a Handball pictographs for the next week. I don’t know what people’s feelings about that would be though. I definitely think we should do something though.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Does anyone know what happened? I still haven’t been able to find any details about what lead to his passing.

Tbh repeatdly asking is not appropriate. Whats important here is paying your respects and that's it.

7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Tbh repeatdly asking is not appropriate. Whats important here is paying your respects and that's it.

First of all I’ve only asked twice. Second, I don’t know if you noticed, but I’ve been paying my respects since the news broke. I only want the information to help with my closure. Different people handle death differently. I’ve restrained myself as much as I can, but I don’t like not knowing the truth. I’m sorry that offends people, but I don’t like not knowing what happened.

I apologize for pressing the matter. It’s my job as journalist to find out what happened. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

First of all I’ve only asked twice. Second, I don’t know if you noticed, but I’ve been paying my respects since the news broke. I only want the information to help with my closure. Different people handle death differently. I’ve restrained myself as much as I can, but I don’t like not knowing the truth. I’m sorry that offends people, but I don’t like not knowing what happened.

I apologize for pressing the matter. It’s my job as journalist to find out what happened. 

And in this case it's (I assume) his family's job to either let people know more or not, depending on what they feel is best. All we (fellow forum users, definitely not journalists in this specific situation) can do is mourn him and keep Totallympics going.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

And in this case it's (I assume) his family's job to either let people know more or not, depending on what they feel is best. All we (fellow forum users, definitely not journalists in this specific situation) can do is mourn him and keep Totallympics going.

Very true. I do apologize for causing such a stir. I did see that his university released a statement morning his death too. Huk was really well liked, and a very positive member of all the communities he was a part of. That much gets clearer everyday.

Hello everybody!

I need some help from all of you, please. I want to help one of my friend to collect a big sum of money for a surgery in Austria. He need to make a heart surgery and me with many other friends decided to help him by different ways to collect money for him. I found a site where I can earn some money for him (I earned 270 USD) but to retire them I need to have at least 40 users registered on my link. So I need you to register for me here: REGISTER HERE, just choose a user name and a password and register, that's all what you have to do. Please note that is free. I know this is off topic but I spoke with Sindo and he agreed to my idea to help my friend. Let's help him my friends, especially this is free. Thank you in advance!!!

36 minutes ago, vlad said:

Hello everybody!

I need some help from all of you, please. I want to help one of my friend to collect a big sum of money for a surgery in Austria. He need to make a heart surgery and me with many other friends decided to help him by different ways to collect money for him. I found a site where I can earn some money for him (I earned 270 USD) but to retire them I need to have at least 40 users registered on my link. So I need you to register for me here: REGISTER HERE, just choose a user name and a password and register, that's all what you have to do. Please note that is free. I know this is off topic but I spoke with Sindo and he agreed to my idea to help my friend. Let's help him my friends, especially this is free. Thank you in advance!!!

Done :) Good luck to your friend

Chiar acum, bestmen a spus:

i did , but you can use the VPN  + temporary email and register by yourself 10000000000000 times as you want

I can't register twice from same computer due to compter's IP :D Thanks