website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

2 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

During today's short track finals I saw on TV that there was an Italian guy in the stands with writing on the huge paper card:

"FORZA RE DI POLONIA CONQUISTA L'ORIENTE!"

@phelps @Dunadan @Gianlu33 what was it? what does it really mean?

Because I kind of think that... I sort of lost it in translation.

Let's go king of Poland, capture the East. I think that it's a sort of incitement for Sighel

One thing I noticed today. Although we very often see 4-person heats, semis, & even B Finals ending with 2 Pens & 2 Finishers, has that ever happened in an Olympic final?  Even in the Bradbury fInal, the others got up & finished. Or does the judges’ relentless Batman-like pursuit of Absolute Justice fall short of making the sport look stupid?

27 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

One thing I noticed today. Although we very often see 4-person heats, semis, & even B Finals ending with 2 Pens & 2 Finishers, has that ever happened in an Olympic final?  Even in the Bradbury fInal, the others got up & finished. Or does the judges’ relentless Batman-like pursuit of Absolute Justice fall short of making the sport look stupid?

It happened in 2018 in the women's relay. Funny enough, bronze medalist Netherlands set a world record in the B Final.

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Official site has the results back on and nothing changed so I have no idea what the review was about?

6 hours ago, NearPup said:

Only thing I can think of is confusion about how to rank the athlete who had a DNF in the A final (i.e. whether to rank him above or bellow the athletes from the B final). DNFs are very rare in short track.

or there might be some kind of protest by a team (which was then rejected)...:mumble: