website statistics

Totallympics after Tokyo 2020

Sindo

14 hours ago, Sindo said:

I get your point. When you say I don't react and tolarate posts I accept the criticism, but it's not like I do that because I enjoy seeing provocations or because I don't care. I use it as a tactic, which maybe is not the best one everytime, but it's still a tactic.

I find useless to permanently ban in the internet world (if not in case of spam), because I have no way to stop people to come back one day or one year later with another username, another IP etc. Deleting posts and keep an eye on "tricky" users, let's call them like that, allow me and the community to know who is writing it, it gives me the chance to moderate their posts when necessary, it gives users the chance to use the ignore function agiainst them so that their posts will not appear anymore. Banning them will not stop them, on the contrary it might increase their anger and frustration, they will get back to do what they did with another username, and if they are good and people can't recognize who they are, they will give the feeling there are even more people like them.

Again, I'm not saying this is the best way to limit these situations, but I just wanted to explain my point of view. I know it's not easy but the best way, as in real life, is just to ignore them.

On that note, is there a way to make the Ignore function work in such a way that you also don't see an ignored users' posts when someone quotes them? I don't think so, since the quote is simply a part of the non-ignored users' post, but who knows :p 

It does work well though (if you combine it with manually skipping over any quoted posts by an ignored user), took me about a week to realize why there was a certain meme going around in the forum :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

On that note, is there a way to make the Ignore function work in such a way that you also don't see an ignored users' posts when someone quotes them? I don't think so, since the quote is simply a part of the non-ignored users' post, but who knows :p 

It does work well though (if you combine it with manually skipping over any quoted posts by an ignored user), took me about a week to realize why there was a certain meme going around in the forum :d 

No, unfortunately that is not possible. It would lead to also ignoring posts from users you don't ignore.

13 minutes ago, Sindo said:

No, unfortunately that is not possible. It would lead to also ignoring posts from users you don't ignore.

Yeah that's what I thought. Oh well, worth a try, but not a problem :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, phelps said:

do you think would it be possible to make the forum available through the tapatalk app in the next future? :mumble:

it would be easier to use (to read posts, at least) on mobile phones rather than with a normal browser...

I'm not usre how tapatalk work, but if I'm not wrong that would mean to "sell" the forum to them?

22 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I'm not usre how tapatalk work, but if I'm not wrong that would mean to "sell" the forum to them?

The realbiathlon forum did that years ago and since then, the forum is basically just a part of the Tapatalk website...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/realbiathlon/

With Tapatalk's functionality instead of their own and things like that, I believe. Not sure how it goes exactly anymore there, mostly because I slowly stopped going there because the layout and everything was so annoying and impractical once it went to Tapatalk :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

The realbiathlon forum did that years ago and since then, the forum is basically just a part of the Tapatalk website...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/realbiathlon/

With Tapatalk's functionality instead of their own and things like that, I believe. Not sure how it goes exactly anymore there, mostly because I slowly stopped going there because the layout and everything was so annoying and impractical once it went to Tapatalk :p 

Yeah. That would be basically like moving to a Facebook group, of course with more features. The mobile experience would probably be better, but I also see many negative points.

19 hours ago, Federer91 said:

And here is the comparison from Rio 2016 :) I've sorted them out by Rio first, so we can make a comparison, what was more popular then. Green means better, red is worse and white is pretty much the same. 

Table 1.png

Table 2.png

Boxing is down almost solely because people weren’t claiming their boxers were robbed this time :lol: