website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 6/17/2024 at 1:12 PM, avlar said:

You have some chances for quota with Miroslav Stefanov KIROV

Belarussian NOC announced that it will decide whether to send those athletes invited by the IOC to the Games or not.

They mentioned that according to their position only the athlete who won license must go to the games. Thus quota in M74 freestyle can become free.

By the wat russians wrestlers have a meeting on the 19th of June to decide to go or not to go. And they mentioned that dealine in the 20th of June.

So we have to wait several days to find out if mor free quotas will be available.

Are they deciding to go then ?

2 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Are they deciding to go then ?

Deadline is today.

Right now we know that russian wrestling federation recommended to its wrestlers to accept invitations from the IOC.

The only comfirmed withdrawal is Chumikova in W57 kg. This quota may go to :MGL or :UZB

No news from belarus.

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I know it's not the most trustworthy place, but Wiki has us receiving both FS125 and GR130 quotas from reallocations? :mumble: Someone know where this is coming from and any truth to it?

No sign of official reallocation. Our federation today stated that it expect up to 3 more quotas for Ukraine after the AIN quotas reallocation. Thus it makes me believe that reallocation had not happen yet. At the same time I see Chumikova at Wiki - but she denied invitation.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, avlar said:

No sign of official reallocation. Our federation today stated that it expect up to 3 more quotas for Ukraine after the AIN quotas reallocation. Thus it makes me believe that reallocation had not happen yet. At the same time I see Chumikova at Wiki - but she denied invitation.

Link? 

Edited by Art Art

Those quotas reallocated according Wikipedia are sure? I think that in men's freestyle 125kg :POL Kamil Kościółek should qualified instead :BUL Alen Khubolov. Since Kamil lost in semifinal to Belarusian who will not compete and Khubolov lost to :AZE Meshvildishvili who remain qualified or I'm wrong?

I don't know who always updates wiki but according to the information there now, :CZE Adéla Hanzlickova got reallocation after Khanum Valieva was not permitted to start in women's wrestling 68kg. I was looking for some official sources but did not find anything, even Czech IOC hasn't announced anything yet .... Anybody has more info about it??

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I don't know who always updates wiki but according to the information there now, :CZE Adéla Hanzlickova got reallocation after Khanum Valieva was not permitted to start in women's wrestling 68kg. I was looking for some official sources but did not find anything, even Czech IOC hasn't announced anything yet .... Anybody has more info about it??

that quota goes to Ukraine

I mean there are two scenarios how they reallocate it. a strong one and a weak one. in this weight in both scenarios Ukraine takes it. 

and @rybak Poland is going to take the 125kg quota. I'm almost sure of it. 

UWW is probably still figuring out how to deal with some weights. that's why they didn't contact NOCs yet. but these two weights look straight forward to me.

=========================================

oh OK, I made a mistake here, nobody takes the 68kg quota, another Russian Elizaveta PETLIAKOVA is invited to wrestle instead of Khanum Valieva

Edited by MHSN