website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The wording is a bit awkward.

It's written that athletes under the age of 30 can only compete in two Olympics through universality. It's then implied that over 30 year old athletes can compete in more Olympics.

It's a dumb rule in my opinion and hurts a small handful of athletes in their mid to late 20s who may be excluded during what may have been their peak Olympics

World Aquatics seems to imply the opposite in their website so it almost seems like they can compete in more than 2 Olympics if they are under the age of 30.

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 21.31.33.png

Edited by OlympicIRL

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Never ceases to amaze me how every Olympics you get these badly-worded qualification documents. It's really not that hard to specify the rules clearly, at least employ someone who can do a better job :d

Same here. I am sure if we assembled some users here, each one in its favorite sport, we would  have much better qualifications haha

18 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

World Aquatics seems to imply the opposite in their website so it almost seems like they can compete in more than 2 Olympics if they are under the age of 30.

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 21.31.33.png

The wording makes no sense since as you said, the second statement means athletes under the age of 30 would be allowed to compete in more than 2 Olympics, which is obviously not the intention by World Aquatics or else they wouldn't have written the first statement. It's almost a paradox.

I think they meant "and" instead of "or"

Edited by JoshMartini007

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The wording makes no sense since as you said, the second statement means athletes under the age of 30 would be allowed to compete in more than 2 Olympics, which is obviously not the intention by World Aquatics or else they wouldn't have written the first statement. It's almost a paradox.

I think they meant "and" instead of "or"

Yes, an "AND" statement would make much more sense. In that case it would be like my 2) scenario in my earlier post. No athletes who have already participated in 2 Olympics can claim a universality quota. And also those over the age of 30 are likewise not eligible. So for now without clarification it's not certain what way to interpret this :mumble:

Edited by OlympicIRL

13 hours ago, Laraja said:

Same here. I am sure if we assembled some users here, each one in its favorite sport, we would  have much better qualifications haha

I think the issue is translation skills, to be honest. Especially with the 'jargon' the IOC tend to insist upon.

:ESP 2024 Winter Open Swimming Championships 2024  - Sabadell (ESP) :ESP

February 21st - February 25th 2024

Meet Results

The following new OQTs were achieved

Men's 100m Freestyle

:ESP Sergio de Celis

Women's 400m Individual Medley

:ESP Emma Carrasco

33 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

:GBR BUCS Long Course Swimming Championships 2023-24 - Sheffield (GRE) :GBR

February 23rd - February 25th 2024

Women's 100m Breast

:GBR Angharad Evans - 1:06.65

BUCS Long Course Swimming Championships 2023-24

Not an Olympic qualification event unfortunately. Could be added later though.