website statistics

Judo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:JPN already announced 10 of their selected players for Paris 2024 (barring injuries and other extravaganza, of course) :yikes:

women

-48kg: Natsumi Tsunoda

-52kg: Uta Abe

-57kg: Haruka Funakubo

-70kg: Saki Niizoe

+78kg: Akira Sone

men

-66kg: Hifumi Abe

-73kg: Soichi Hashimoto

-81kg: Takanori Nagase

-90kg: Sanshiro Murao

+100kg: Tatsuru Saito

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, rybak said:

How many ranking points will be awarded to Olympic ranking via continental championships?

It will be counted as a 6th result like Masters. Our Top fighters must get 5 points mostly to imporve their total score (many of them has a 200 points for participating in Masters).

Ranking IJF.png

5 hours ago, Adriano said:

It will be counted as a 6th result like Masters. Our Top fighters must get 5 points mostly to imporve their total score (many of them has a 200 points for participating in Masters).

Ranking IJF.png

So the Continental champs are non-discard scores during the second period? 

2 minutes ago, Adriano said:

now it's the second period, we are after Africa Champs (points included as a Masters)

I was under the impression that the points for Continental Champs are awarded at Grand Prix level and were treated as any other tournament - the score can be discarded if it is not one of your top 5 results across the period. 

Sorry for my confusion - but my understanding was that the ranking was comprised of your top 5 results in each period and, for those who competed, the score from the Masters. The Masters is a non-discardable event so even if it is your worst result in the period, the points are included in your total.

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I was under the impression that the points for Continental Champs are awarded at Grand Prix level and were treated as any other tournament - the score can be discarded if it is not one of your top 5 results across the period. 

Sorry for my confusion - but my understanding was that the ranking was comprised of your top 5 results in each period and, for those who competed, the score from the Masters. The Masters is a non-discardable event so even if it is your worst result in the period, the points are included in your total.

can you update your table?

3 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

So the Continental champs are non-discard scores during the second period? 

2 hours ago, Adriano said:

now it's the second period, we are after Africa Champs (points included as a Masters)

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

image.png

as the rules say, the 6th non discardable score in each period can be the Masters OR the Continental champs (the best between the 2 scores)

if an athlete has a good score in both of them, the lower 1 might be included in the best 5 "basic" scores

1 hour ago, George_D said:

can you update your table?

image.png

I haven't checked the coding in the file for a while because I have been working on artistic gymnastics tracker - so there may be a few mistakes. Also would say that we've had 2023 continental championships for Africa, Pan-America and Oceania which will slightly skew the results for a few weeks.

51 minutes ago, phelps said:

image.png

as the rules say, the 6th non discardable score in each period can be the Masters OR the Continental champs (the best between the 2 scores)

if an athlete has a good score in both of them, the lower 1 might be included in the best 5 "basic" scores

Gotcha - was confused because I hadn't built this into my tracker for 1st period but see that the 2022 continental champs were all held outside of the qualifying window.