website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

55 minutes ago, Jur said:

:VEN Yulimar Rojas is set to be the flagbearer for Venezuela in the opening ceremony. However, she's injured with ¿Aquiles? and can't compete. So I'm very sorry for the woman in the World Rankings place #33 cause she's going to be missing the Olympics cause a country decided to fly an athlete to Paris for a publicity stunt and not competition.

Shame on her. Disgusting.

57 minutes ago, Jur said:

:VEN Yulimar Rojas is set to be the flagbearer for Venezuela in the opening ceremony. However, she's injured with ¿Aquiles? and can't compete. So I'm very sorry for the woman in the World Rankings place #33 cause she's going to be missing the Olympics cause a country decided to fly an athlete to Paris for a publicity stunt and not competition.

Well, I think you can ve the flag bearer even if you don’t compete at the Olympics. Rojas can be one of the officials from Venezuela.

1 hour ago, Jur said:

Maybe they don´t know she is injured :p

5 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

Not officially confirmed yet (team is due to be announced on Friday), but unless UK Athletics ignore their own policy that they have needlessly put in place, it's going to happen.

So if Zaltos stays in that spot in the rankings, he should move up into the qualifying spots once it all shakes out.

Well I think :HUN Raba and :GER Klose will pass him, so he would be 35th and then 33rd if the Brits don't take the quotas. I know :SWE is also strict sometimes with quotas, so that could get two of our athletes in (Zaltos in the men's hammer and Dosi in the women's high jump).