website statistics
Asian Games 2022
Posted

Zhizhen Zhang  :CHN   Wins the men’s Singles event & qualifies for Paris Olympics 

** He will in all probability qualify via ATP rankings , the quota will then be reallocated to the ATP ranking list 

Asian Games 2022
Posted
6 hours ago, rybak said:

I believe that she will qualify via WTA ranking in next year, same as silver medalist Lin Zhu, then their quotas will be reallocated to bronze medalist or first higher ranked non-qualified yet player?

It will get reallocated to the  WTA world rankings. Only winner of Asian Games is eligible for the quota, it cannot be be reallocated to silver/ bronze medallists 

Asian Games 2022
Posted
8 hours ago, dcro said:

Very surprising podium. Gold for India, silver for China, no medal for neither Japan nor South Korea (I believe that's a first time for both).

Jacqueline Siu looks good for a possible individual title defense, meanwhile.

Will the points from AG be added for world rankings & count towards Olympic qualification? 

Asian Games 2022
Posted

:TKM has just won their first medal of the games . A 🥉 in Judo & :TJK are guaranteed a medal in Judo , which will be their first in AG 2023. 

With that 22 NOC has so far won a medal that is nearly 50% of total participating NOC . We are just in Day 2. 

Asian Games 2022
Posted

Our sports ministry has set an ambitious target of 100 medals from these games, that will be out highest ever by some margin ( Prev. Best 70 medals). With already 5 medals ( 3 🥈 & 2 🥉) on day 1, will be interesting to see how close we reach to that target. 

Asian Games 2022
Posted

Not the best advertisement for Cricket with games being decided without a ball being bowled . The organisers should have either kept reserve days or changed format into groups. 
This is one of Cricket’s biggest de-merits that it cannot be played in rain, for an outdoor sport that is always a challenge. 
If it does make it to LA 28 programme I hope ICC and LOC sits down together to find reserve days/ formats keeping the weather conditions in mind. 

Asian Games 2022
Posted (edited)

:IND Government has also announced cash rewards for 🥇🥈🥉winners in AG 

For 🥇- Around $35,000

🥈- Around $25,000 &

🥉- Around $12,000

Apart from this , each State government of athletes will reward them separately + various sponsors will offer additional cash/ gifts. 

No wonder our wrestlers wanted to focus on AG than on world championships 

https://pib.gov.in/Pressreleaseshare.aspx?PRID=1579723

This revised prize money was announced a year before  then scheduled Tokyo Olympics & covers the 4 year cycle including Asian & commonwealth games. 
I assume they will increase the amount and make a press release before Paris 2024 for the next cycle.

Edited by Roamingrover86

Asian Games 2022
Posted
13 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

for olympic qualifications events, the asian games is serving as a direct qualifier for the following:

Archery

Synchronised swimming

Boxing

Break dancing

water polo

Sailing

Hockey

Modern Pentathlon

(I hope I didn't miss something)

in addition there will be some events serve as indirect qualifications either by acheiving standard cut (athletics for example) or to add to ranking

You missed out Tennis, 1 quota for the gold medallist in each Men & Women’s Singles . 

Asian Games 2022
Posted
35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:MGL eliminated from women’s cricket after getting steamrolled by opponents in back-to-back matches.

They scored a cumulative total of 37 at the loss of 20 wickets in 24.3 overs (1.53 RPO) across 2 matches. 
10 of those 37 runs are from Extras! 

Asian Games 2022
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looks like China is going to win all Rowing gold medals. :d in past there was a rule limiting each country to something like 10 boats (out of 14 or 15) but they removed that this time. 

(I believe China is a bit vulnerable in Single Sculls events, so maybe they won't win 100% of the gold medals)

Yea :JPN will take 🥇in men’s Single sculls. 
:CHN has not entered a boat in men’s pair

Edited by Roamingrover86

Asian Games 2022
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

What’s even worse is the way the team events are organised. Look at the last minute withdrawals in football. We’re left with a situation where there are groups in both men and women’s tournaments with only two teams.

Do you have the final list of teams participating in ️ ?

Edited by Roamingrover86

Asian Games 2022
Posted

Our ️ team reached yesterday late night , less than 24 hrs before their match vs :CHN 

Clubs were reluctant to release players due to ongoing league commitments & continental club championships . We ended up sending an effectively 3rd choice team bar 3-4 players . 
I assume many countries must have faced similar issues as the ️ matches don’t fall under approved FIFA window! 

Asian Games 2022
Posted
12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

MeWatch has gotten better at blocking vpns it seems :(

I wanted to watch cricket and beach volleyball, but I don’t see any streams. 

Please share if you find any streams or websites/apps with schedules & results. 

Asian Games 2022
Posted
55 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looks like we are going to start the Asian Games without a website ! that's new. I can't remember if it happened before. :facepalm:

don't know if I have a match tomorrow or not. maybe something in beach volleyball ? :mumble:

For 19th(Tomorrow)

You have ️ match vs :KSA  & Beach Volleyball 🏐 Preliminary matches ( match schedule for which is not available :facepalm:)

Commonwealth Games 2026
Posted (edited)

Our sports minister did say in a public interview that we are focusing for a potential Olympic games 2036 bid . 
Ahmedabad as the potential host city with the massive Narendra Modi stadium (capacity : 110,000 as of now) taking the centre stage of the bid. 
When he was questioned on CWG and if we would bid to host the 2026 event , he didn’t provide any conclusive answers just that they are focusing more on the olympics bid & as for CWG neither did the CGF got in touch with them re hosting proposals nor have the ministry expressed any intention to CGF. 
I will try to find a link to the interview if I can . 

EDIT: Here is the story @Rafa Maciel

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1139862/india-2036-olympics-thakur

Edited by Roamingrover86