website statistics
Pan American Games 2023
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wanted to watch the basque pelota finals, but they aren’t being shown by PanamSports or the domestic broadcasters :(

TYC Sports Play might have it, but their player isn’t very stable for me.

Guess I won’t be watching the softball final either :dunno:

It almost feels like having 1/4 of the sports program on a single day isn’t the brightest idea…

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
7 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Brazil didn't even medal this year Americas mixed relay championships (podium was :USA :MEX :CAN), so I was surprised even though I expected a medal.

Yeah, but I had them as more favored than the North Americans after the individual events. Still, great fight to comeback on the Americans :hatoff:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
10 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Very expected gold medal in Triathlon :banana:

Fixed.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

I wanted to watch the basque pelota finals, but they aren’t being shown by PanamSports or the domestic broadcasters :(

TYC Sports Play might have it, but their player isn’t very stable for me.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

:USA wins the first ever synchronized trampoline event at the Pan American Games.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

So today is the day with too many events to follow :p

Yeah, and as someone who likes many of the sports on the last weekend, it’s like trying to choose a favorite child when flipping through the streams :drama:

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

:CHI denies :COL a gold medal in speed skating :cheer:

Top 3 separated by only 0.03 in the men’s 200m time trial.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Speed Skating broadcast without graphics, which for a time trial event, isn’t great :spank:

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Beijing 2022 gold medalist Erin Jackson :USA gets a bronze medal in speed skating. Nice to see her having a go at inline skating once again.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

DSQ from :PAN in women's 400m Hurdles and :BRA gets gold :yikes:

In case anyone is wondering what TR 22.6.2 is…an athlete shall be DSQ if ”they knock down or displace any hurdle by hand, body or the upper side of the lead leg.”

She did pretty much run through that hurdle entering the final straight (even if she didn’t mean to).

Edited by Olympian1010

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
Just now, vinipereira said:

DSQ from :PAN in women's 400m Hurdles and :BRA gets gold :yikes:

Which means…:ISV gets a bronze medal :hyper:

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

:BAH with their first athletics medal of the Games. 

Zayas :CUB takes the high jump, though it took some effort.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted (edited)

:COL with a significant upset to win gold in women's doubles squash :yikes:

Edited by Olympian1010

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I honestly won’t be mad if Rodriguez :USA doesn’t win this 10000m after his early move. I’m just glad someone decided to create an interesting distance race for once at these Games.

Definitely nothing to be mad about there. Great race from Rodriguez. :USA 1-2

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

I honestly won’t be mad if Rodriguez :USA doesn’t win this 10000m after his early move. I’m just glad someone decided to create an interesting distance race for once at these Games.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

It only took five days, but :JAM has their first gold medal in athletics. Hyde takes the men’s 400m hurdles.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
1 minute ago, intoronto said:

There was a mixed doubles in Lima :p 

Whelp, now we’re even :lol:

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

:USA wins the first ever gold medal in mixed doubles squash.

Two gold medals in squash so far for :USA. Guess we know how it snuck onto the Olympic program for 2028 :p

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Today, I feel Canadian.

Smith :ISV 4th in the women’s 400m hurdles.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sorry I meant to say GOLD medal

I thought he won silver. The PDF results show him  in second.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
25 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:ARU wins its first ever Pan American Games medal, becomes the 33rd NOC to win a medal here and breaks the record for most countries at one edition to win a medal!

Not to be that guy, but they won a medal in 2019. This is their first silver medal though.

Interestingly, both of their medals have come from windsurfing.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

:ISV knocked out in the Round of 16 in mixed team recurve. I had a lot of hopes for archery, but they just couldn’t find the yellow ring enough.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

The rhythmic gymnasts have better musical taste than the artistic swimmers I’ve decided.