website statistics
2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Are you recording this in an opera house? :p

No, that's the underpass at the train station in Swarzędz. This was recorded in the middle of the night, so that no one could have catch me without a mask in public.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Awesome Rabobank jersey :d Field hockey?

Yep, the encoding after adding the graphics made the quality terrible, but in the original recording you can spot Laura Nunnink's autograph on it.

:SRB

Serbia 12

:MLT

Malta 11

:KAZ

Kazakhstan 10
:CAN Canada 9
:ROU Romania 8
:SVK Slovakia 7
:CZE Czech Republic 6
:ARG Argentina 5
:CHN China 4
:INA Indonesia 3
:IND India 2
:ESP Spain 1

Concluding Comment:

Raz jeszcze bardzo dziękuję i do widzenia! Do zobaczenia następnym razem!

Thank You very much and goodbye! See You next time!

poland-flag-animation.gif

POLAND

Greeting in host language:

Goeiemorgen, Apeldoorn!

Greeting in national language:

Dzień dobry, Apeldoorn! Dzień dobry, Totallympics! Tutaj Vojthas i zamierzam przedstawić Wam głosy Polskiego Jury Krajowego w tegorocznym Otwartym Międzynarodowym Konkursie Piosenki Totallympics. Jestem strasznie szczęśliwy, że mam zaszczyt to uczynić, gdyż jest to mój debiut w TISC i w tym miejscu chciałbym podziękować Wam, całemu Komitetowi Organizacyjnemu i przede wszystkim naszemu holenderskiemu gospodarzowi, heywoodu za organizację tego konkursu. A teraz przejdźmy do punktacji:

English translation:

Good morning, Apeldoorn! Good morning, Totallympics! This is Vojthas here and I am going to present the votes of the Polish National Jury for this year’s Totallympics Open International Song Contest. I am terribly happy that I have the honour to do that as this is my debut at the TISC and in this place I would like to thank You, to the whole Organizing Committe and especially to our Dutch host, heywoodu for organizing this contest. And now let’s come to the points:

:KAZ

Kazakhstan 10
:CAN Canada 9
:ROU Romania 8
:SVK Slovakia 7
:CZE Czech Republic 6
:ARG Argentina 5
:CHN China 4
:INA Indonesia 3
:IND India 2
:ESP Spain 1

Just now, Vektor said:

Well, at least the Dutch have their preferred version in English. Unlike some other countries, forever stuck with the hungry joke and the confusion with the Huns.

What do you know about confusing Holland if you're not from Poland? Yes, it's still "Holandia" here too (yet in a diplomatic, official situations, "Królestwo Niderlandów", as it was also before).

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

the photo leaked by the Slovenian press

Spoiler
2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

leaked by the Slovenian press

Spoiler
2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Slovenian press

Spoiler
2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Slovenian

Spoiler

shocked mr bean GIF

Spoiler

@hckosice - is there going to be a counter-statement with counter-emgargo of ice hockey players to Mexico?

Just now, heywoodu said:

Well, whatever we call it, she is princess and she is called queen, that's just how it is :p It doesn't matter much and I think 95% of the Dutch people don't know it, that's how little it matters.

Just to say her full title: Her Majesty Queen Maxima, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau.

She might not be titled "Queen of the Netherlands", but she is a queen.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nope. She has actually kept the titles she had before Willem-Alexander was crowned king and so, offically speaking, she is Princess of The Netherlands. This was made clear even in 2011 by one of the ministers: "She will not be queen, but she will be called queen." It's a courtesy title and by far the one used most (basically everywhere), but deep down and officially, the Netherlands has a king and his wife, the princess, much like before him there was a queen and her husband, the prince.

I'd rather say the other way - she is the queen consort and "she is called queen", just being titled "Princess of the Netherlands". Just like HRH Prince Philip, the Prince Consort is titled the "Duke of Edinburgh", which doesn't mean he is duke instead of prince.

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, officially she's a princess, but she is generally mentioned as Queen Maxima

Wait.. what? She's the Queen Consort, as the female spouse of the monarch is a Queen, while it's the other way around with female monarch having a male spouse, who's then called "Prince Consort". She even has the title of Her Majesty, instead of prince consorts being addressed to "only" as "His Royal Highness".

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Hosts' oath

#latewoodu, The Netherlands

"We promise that we shall organize this contest, respecting and abiding by the rules

that govern TISC - committing ourselves to overseeing a competition that values

respect and promotes the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of

music and the honor of our nations!"

Thank God, there's nothing about punctuality in the hosts' oath.

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

Let alone, most studios are now nearly fully digital, I don't think I've seen an acoustic piano in a studio in the past five years, so even if you're a great pianist, most likely you're going to be playing on a digital piano at best if not a midi 4 octave keyboard. 

For me digital piano or a midi 4 octave keyboard (lately I bought one for just 5€ at my favorite flea market), not to mention my beloved electric guitar (let's be honest, electric violin is SOOOOOOO much nicer than the classic one) - these are all instruments. I do also agree that samplers are needed. I don't mean "don't use electronic devices", just the instruments (including electric instruments) should be in the frontground. What I don't like are all those remixes and remix-alike "hits". I bet that very few people at my age and younger would combine "this is the world we live in" with the rest of "Land of Confusion" and Genesis themselves.

33 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

As @Olympian1010 already say it, that's seen more often than not at World Cups.

I actually like @Vojthas proposal, as it is simple.

What I probably do is just a slight modification: as in each "discipline" the maximum points a certain entry can reach is 72 (6x12, as they can't award points for themselves), maybe we could follow a method similar to that used in fencing, that is that those who reach 50 points (70% of said score) get a score of 250; then for each point above or below that mark you add or substract 2 pts.

Of course, just a proposal, not the final word.

But it wouldn't change anything in comparison to simply adding - all the proportions would be held. The round system gives 250 points to different results in every round, which makes it more... yes, youth and urban.
I just wonder, if the 1 point in the final, handicap round is enough to make it exciting for the public. Maybe it should be two or three, so that the final round could really be a game changer?

So... as we have seven teams of five then I propose compating scores after each series of voting:

Rounds 1-4 - The winner gets 250 pentathlon points, every next gets 5 pentathlon points less for every 1 voting point less

Round 5 - Handicap start - we add 1 pentathlon point for every 1 voting point to the total score. Then we add the points of team members and... here we know the result.