Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Retired Athletes in 2018

vinipereira    918

:BRA Angélica Kvieczynski (Rhythmic Gymnastics), 6-time Pan American medallist and probably our best individual athlete at this sport, has announced her retirement this week.

lapaj    47

Today Dániel Gyurta (OC 2012) has announced his retirement.

• Sad 1

lapaj    47

Today Bernadett Heidum Hungarian short track skater (EC) has announced her retirement.

Werloc    833

@Skijumpingmaster Hey, I was wondering. I've heard that Svendsen is retiring, is it true or just a simple rumour?

rybak    433
Dnia 18.03.2018 o 18:27, Werloc napisał:

I've heard that Gwizdon and Palka (Guzik, habits die hard) might retire as well or are these just rumours?

And today after winning medal at National Championships Guzik said that she will not retire now, she wants compete at least one season more.

Werloc    833
3 minutes ago, rybak said:

And today after winning medal at National Championships Guzik said that she will not retire now, she wants compete at least one season more.

Honestly, who wouldn't want to finish their career in a season where the World Championships are held in the magical Ostersund. It's a place where the majority of world cup careers has started and a sentimental place to every athlete on the world cup.

On 3/28/2018 at 21:07, Werloc said:

@Skijumpingmaster Hey, I was wondering. I've heard that Svendsen is retiring, is it true or just a simple rumour?

He has talked about it. But nothing is official. 

heywoodu    2,969
1 hour ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

The legend Ole Einar Bjørndalen retires from biathlon . He'll make it official later today. 

Where did you see that? All I found was "Tuesday he will announce his future plans". Not that it'd be surprising of course :p 

42 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Where did you see that? All I found was "Tuesday he will announce his future plans". Not that it'd be surprising of course :p 

Norwegian newspapers said it. Check out norwegian TV2 and NRK.

heywoodu    2,969

Aaaaand it's official.

Werloc    833
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Aaaaand it's official.

I just saw an article on Twitter and ran here to post it exactly in your words :d

• Haha 1