website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Video Games Thread

bestmen

On 25/07/2019 at 22:42, Olympian1010 said:

This is my biggest problem with the gaming community. Gamers allow this smut to be created all the time, and do nothing to stop it. In fact if I had to guess gamer and white supremacy groups actually have quite a large crossover. This is the reason I stopped playing in high school. There are some really nice, friendly, and fine gaming communities, but there are a lot more bad ones in my opinion.

And it's impossible to just, you know, play a game? You have to be part of a community? 

Don't know about others, but when I play a game I'm sitting at my desktop playing a game, checking the objectives and moving to the next level, basically. No community needed and I can play perfectly fine.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And it's impossible to just, you know, play a game? You have to be part of a community? 

Don't know about others, but when I play a game I'm sitting at my desktop playing a game, checking the objectives and moving to the next level, basically. No community needed and I can play perfectly fine.

Well I wasn’t talking about those types of games from 1981. I was talking about games like Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, Sea of Thieves, Fallout, Overwatch, Minecraft (even). The fun of online games, for me at least, came from playing with others. It just got too toxic for me to enjoy it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well I wasn’t talking about those types of games from 1981. I was talking about games like Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, Sea of Thieves, Fallout, Overwatch, Minecraft (even). The fun of online games, for me at least, came from playing with others. It just got too toxic for me to enjoy it.

Yeah me neither, I just never get why people find online gaming so much more fun :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah me neither, I just never get why people find online gaming so much more fun :p 

For the same reason we find sports fun. It’s competitive, and you can on teams with friends.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

For the same reason we find sports fun. It’s competitive, and you can on teams with friends.

Haha, friends.

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Haha, friends.

I don’t have any either, but if I did ?

20 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Some 13 year old kid from :ARG won 900K dollars playing fortnite. I want to die.  

I never realized how popular London 2012 was and what a cult following it has. People are really upset that the Tokyo 2020 isn’t similar, as where I’m happy it’s not. The big deal breaker for people is the reduction of the events, but I think Tokyo 2020 makes up for that in its other features. Obviously we won’t really know how good it is until global release when it will have some online tournament and stuff, but I’m optimistic about it. It is a bit arcade like and it does borrow quite a few gameplay features from the Mario and Sonic games, but oh well.