website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

3 hours ago, dcro said:

And yet we had cases like Sharapova. Clearing them in five minutes is unprofessional, they are supposed to make individual analysis of each athlete.

Considering they caught Sharapova almost immediately after the Meldonium ban (she failed her test at the Australian Open, less than a month after the drug was banned) and she's based in the United States this supports my previous point that tennis players are very unlikely to be part of the scandal. Of course this doesn't stop athletes from doping outside of the government helping, but if we're going to accuse them of that then we could accuse all tennis players.

http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/ioc-set-decide-russia-rio-fate.html

The IOC also reiterated its "serious concerns" about the weaknesses in the fight against doping, and called on WADA to "fully review their anti-doping systems." 

:lol:

As a teacher I've heard something like this A LOT.

"You are not allowed to punish the students.  If you even glance at them sternly you will be reprimanded.  Their parents only want to hear about how amazing they are."

Next week

"Your classes are out of control!  Why don't you discipline them!  Their parents are very concerned!  If this continues you will be reprimanded!"  

Always easier to blame someone else for your own policies, huh IOC?  :wall:

11 час назад, T&Fwatch сказал:

IOC decision I didnt cause joy. Shubenkov, Isinbayeva, Kuchina will not compete, Gatlin and Gay will.  I believe that we should have to boycott the Olympics. It's a shame, it's a slap in the face clean athletes. I am sure that after Rio the world of sports will change

Edited by Dimast

WADA needed to reorganize. Kick out british-canadian mafia. American, Canadian, German and British athletes should totally be checked, as well as the russians, and only by international agencies, not local. Tests should be equal for all. As well as accessible and understandable. USADA must deal with in the US problems, but not only in Russia

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Gianlu33:

ITF and FIG allow Russia to compete in Rio. Here's the partial decision:

Russia will compete for:

ITF (Tennis)

FIG (Rhytmic Gymnastic, Artistic Gymnastic, Trampoline) [UNOFFICIAL] 

Russia banned by:

IAAF (Athletics)

They will probably be allowed to compete in every other sport, Bach is just a clown. Why not allow them to also compete in athletics? Where is the big difference between athletics and most other sports in Russia?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Expected decision, Bach is just disgusting, Putin obviously has full contol over him.

It has been proven that there is a state-run doping system in Russia, what else do they have to do to get banned? Nothing will ever change, the message is that you can dope as much as you want, but we knew that before (Efimova, Gatlin). This is a huge blow for clean sport and those clowns who just want to earn as much money as possible are destroying sport. They should just allow russian athletics in Rio, there really isnt a difference between russian athletics and most other sports in Russia.

The most disgusting thing for me is that Stepanova wont be allowed to compete in Rio and the explanation is just plain stupid.

She isnt allowed to compete, because she was part of the system and left it about 2 years ago, but most of the athletes who are still part of the system are allowed to compete? No one can be stupid enough to think that this explanation is in any way logic.

I think i will only follow basketball, hockey, football, mens handball, sailing and maybe some other minor sports in Rio, where there are only very few age/nationality/doping/gender cheaters, but for sure no athletics, swimming or cycling.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, Dimast said:

WADA needed to reorganize. Kick out british-canadian mafia. American, Canadian, German and British athletes should totally be checked, as well as the russians, and only by international agencies, not local. Tests should be equal for all. As well as accessible and understandable. USADA must deal with in the US problems, but not only in Russia

Every athlete from every nation should be checked by international agencies. There's no denying though that extra tests for the Russians at the moment is a good thing, since they were on a state-sponsored doping program. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 25 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

I think i will only follow basketball, hockey, football, mens handball, sailing and maybe some other minor sports in Rio, where there are only very few age/nationality/doping/gender cheaters, but for sure no athletics, swimming or cycling.

This is exactly what I always do and say :coffee: I just can't watch stuff like weightlifting or athletics and take the results seriously anymore, 4 years later like half of the medals get reallocated.