Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2018

OMG!!! :yikes: our men's Quadruple Sculls basically has stopped rowing after just 1000m and it's been humiliated by their opponents...

and after the show they put on at the European Champs, it was supposed to be our best medal chance among the Olympic boats...:facepalm::wall:

Our only competitors here the M Lightweight Double Sculls Marek Režňák/Peter Zelinka are still in :d they finished 2nd in their heat behind the :NOR Brun/Strandli and qualify directly for the Quarterfinals

Dutch boats :NED performed pretty good. 4 teams (Olympic boats) directly to the semis, only the M4x to the repechages. Tomorrow 4 other chances (W8, M8, W2x, W4-)!

Very good day for us, only one boat will start in repechages :yes

vor 21 Stunden schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Well, it wasn't that bad in the heats from the Lightweight double sculls: Second Place. Put Osborne in it, and they might at least have a chance for a medal.

I believe it when i see it. Would be great if Germany could finally build some variety instead of always relying on both quadruple sculls and mens eight. 5 medals (those 3 mentioned before + Zeidler + mens lightweight double sculls) in Tokyo would be good, although the womens side should be much stronger than it currently is. My hope is that the strong second german team in womens quadruple sculls will be used to build a crew with medal winning potential in another event and that Naske will team up with someone else to build a strong boat for 2020 instead of trying to regain his spot in mens single sculls.

Will medals be awarded in the lightweight men's pairs (3 entries) and in the lightweight women's pairs (2 entries)?

3 ore fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

Will medals be awarded in the lightweight men's pairs (3 entries) and in the lightweight women's pairs (2 entries)?

as far as I know, A = yes, B = no...but I'm gonna try and check out deeper in the rulebook if there's something about that...

Edit: I just read the entire rulebook, and there's no reference to the medals not being awarded in competitions with less than 3 entries...therefore, I suppose that also in the women's LW Pairs USA and Italy will get their honors, despite this event is definitely a farce (well, not that the 3-crew races are really a serious thing)...:crazy:

Edited by phelps
  • Thanks 1

Italy just made the final in the men's Eight...:bounce::bowdown:

and this time it's a very unexpected result, since the entire season didn't go well in this boat for Italy...

USA, AUS (from the 1st heat) and GER (they won the second heat with 1.4 secs margin over ITA) are the other boats already qualified for the A final...all the other crews must try and find their place through the repechage round...

What a distaster for us. Last years World Champions :LTU in M4x will compete only in B final :(:(

We have 6 crews in finals; medals might come from M 2-, LW 2x and W 8+. Looking forward to the duel between Sinkovic brothers and Tudosa+Cozmiuc. 

Today the Para-Rowing and the Non-Olympic Boats A-Finals were held in Plovdiv...

Here you can find the links to all of today's A-Finals:

http://www.worldrowing.com/news/race-for-gold-world-rowing-championships

and here's the updated Medal Table (World Rowing put all Rowing and Para-Rowing classes together):

http://www.worldrowing.com/events/2018-world-rowing-championships/medals

Edited by phelps

the Olympic events Finals have started...

and Canada won a  wonderful battle against New Zealand in the Women's Pair...they just rowed another race compared to the rest of the field, in fact Spain edged out Italy for the Bronze Medal, but good 14 seconds behind the eventual winners...

in the men's Pairs, instead, it's a one-boat show by the Sinkovic brothers, with ROU and FRA fighting hard for Silver and Bronze...and it's Romania that edge out France for the second place...Canada and New Zealand, who had a strong start, then literally burned out and ended up well behind the medal winners...

next up, the Lightweight Double Sculls (ladies first, of course :d)...