website statistics

Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2023

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Except for England-Fiji maybe, all others will be pop-corn matches. Ireland seems determined to finally make SF and All Blacks are not what they have been couple of years ago... 

No Irishman will ever, EVER, underestimate the All Blacks. No point to lull us into a state of complacency, though it's lovely that the Kiwis think it now worth bothering with mind games for us - we've come up in the world!

All joking aside, what a quarterfinal ! I'm sure more than one New Zealand fan was hoping Ireland and Scotland would connive the result that eliminated the Boks and gave the All Blacks a Scottish quarter!

8 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Oh, that was a great match! Congrats :ARG 

Cracking Game. Happily Japan are now safe for 27 and hopefully by then may be in the Rugby Championship - they looked perfectly capable today. With Fiji qualifying and Australia holding on to third, Samoa are rock hard favourites to qualify from Oceania for 27.

Word is that 27 is almost certainly going to 24 teams, but there may not be the post-pool shield competition for the 3rd and 4th place teams that many people, myself included, argued for - tell me you wouldn't want to see Portugal, Samoa, Georgia, Australia, Italy, Scotland, Tonga, Japan, Chile and Uruguay having a crack at each other in the midweek between the Cup knock outs!