website statistics

Athletics WA World Relays 2021

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

Or simply shift one's day-night rhythm if work allows :p 

I mean, being awake from roughly 07:00 - 23:00 means eight hours or sleep, and so does being awake from 17:00 - 01:00 or something during the Olympics, no problem at all :p 

if only I was living alone...:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I see we beat :FRA in this :lol: Just to sum up how this event is extremely stupido

The event is not, our team is :whistle: Without Jordier we would have finished 20 out of 20 teams :rolleyes:

Little questions for you :

• you have a m4x4 already qualified, a mx4x4 not qualified :
  1. Rest your 2 best 400m runner for the mixed relay
  2. Make your best 400m runner take part in an useless race happening a mere 1h30 before, then add a guy who's not raced since 2019
  • you have a team of 9 women, your w4x4 is not qualified : 
  1. Take the 4 fastest for the w4x4, then the 2 next for the mx4x4
  2. Take the 4 fastest for the w4x4, then make your best one run twice and add the worst of the 9 (55.01 this winter, you have a fresh one who ran 53.29) to finish the team 

If you have a majority of 1., congratulations, you can handle a national relay team.
If you have a majority of 2., too bad, you're a French coach.

2 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

I‘m not sure what was the plan with Brossier and Trynkler. Brossier was dead, a Split over 54 and Trynkler also very Slow. They have at least 2 other girls that can run sub 53 maybe sub 52 in a relay. That are the 3-4 seconds that France lost.

yes I would have associated Floria Guei and Deborah Sananes, too bad we are not qualified,

Just now, Benolympique said:

yes I would have associated Floria Guei and Deborah Sananes, too bad we are not qualified,

Sananes is not in the team and was pretty out of shape this winter. Put Amaro and Pauline though, everything would be better than Trynkler.

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

Sananes isn‘t in Poland she had a very bad indoor season. Gueï runs a Good 400/4x400 in Berlin in 90 minutes she would have the potential, you‘re right. 

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

if only I was living alone...:rolleyes:

I'm not (yet, sadly, luckily the job/financial situation has finally been developing positively since last summer so this can finally change this or next year :d), but luckily where we live it's big enough not to bother anyone as long as I don't smash doors or something.

In the future this whole thing won't be a problem, one of the blessings of having a relationship with someone who also wants to see almost all this stuff :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Sananes is not in the team and was pretty out of shape this winter. Put Amaro and Pauline though, everything would be better than Trynkler.

I say, that we see tomorrow 4 completely different ladies in the 4x4 like 2019, what will be really stupid, because they could have the chance to finish on the podium if they switch Grebo and maybe Brossier out. 
If they want to get the younger athletes a chance to run they could done that in the heats today, where they would be much more useful than a Brossier or a Trynkler.

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Femke Bol's explanation for going fast until the end: "I saw a shadow in the corner of my eyes and thought someone was going to overtook me. It was my own shadow though."

Hahaha this is brilliant:thumbup:

45 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Well, Grebo was‘nt as bad as she looked like, she only gone to fast. Brossier was not convincing.

The splits were:

Brossier 53,51s

Lacoste 52,62s

Grebo 52,60s

Guei 51,73s

I wish we see the last three again tomorrow, but i think that won’t happen and we see Pauline, Ntiamoah and Amaro, so France will be Last again.