website statistics

Diving FINA World Cup 2021

George_D

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

So, since we know all qualified nations in synchro events, then how many "free" places left for divers who can qualify in individual events, still 18 per event or less?

We don't know till the nfs select their athletes... you can in theory qualify 4 per height and gender

11 hours ago, intoronto said:

Same team from the Worlds/Pan American Games. Gagne is the injured athlete. Only a new athlete (Cedric Fofana) will compete in the individual event, unless they can replace Gagne with Dulac.

Poor Gagné. It seems he’ll be the unlucky one from his generation that will suffer every injury.

I really hope I’m wrong

I made a simulation based on athletes who gain a quota. For sure 1 trampoline and 2 for platform. From rellocation only 5 or less women's trampoline, 7-8 women's platform. Sum up, So trampoline 6 and platform 9-10.

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

We don't know till the nfs select their athletes... you can in theory qualify 4 per height and gender

I’ll try to come up with a possible lineup.

in theory, some of the athletes already qualified in individuals will do so in doubles.

A quick check I think it will be the top 4-8 available places per event, amongst the semifinialists.

Men's trampoline - max 9, men's platform - max 7 or 9 (maybe Japan give up quota). Women's platform max 9-10 (PRK quota allocated via World Cup?), max 6 women's trampoline (small number of athlethes who can start in  both the events). And we have a number 136 athletes. I think synchro duets mostly will be the same like in World Cup), maybe Mexico and China will change something. 

24 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Poor Gagné. It seems he’ll be the unlucky one from his generation that will suffer every injury.

I really hope I’m wrong

And apparently now Fofana isn't competing

.. I think both flew out (at least Gagne). Ciprick, a young diver will compete now. He scored 408 at an international online meet in April, so very promising

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

And apparently now Fofana isn't competing

.. I think both flew out (at least Gagne). Ciprick, a young diver will compete now. He scored 408 at an international online meet in April, so very promising

Best luck to him.

He’ll need to pay the price for his debut at a senior competition, but wouldn’t be impossible for him to get the place in semis.

Orozco/Agundez paid the price of the inexperience lead position after the preliminaries, it sure looked that they were very nervous from the start and never gained momentum as they had throughout the preliminaries. What a shame, they were very good there but totally the opposite in the final, glad and lucky us that every team (except Canada) had a disaster dive and Mexico still with a subpar performance sneaked and took that final quota but why? why we do have this mental issue? it's very common to our diving team and it has been a problem since forever, even Fernando Platas had this issues back then until that 2000-2001 final years of his career. 

At least they qualified to the games and with an 8 team field and maybe, maybe the nerves not there as Mexico will most likely dive first in the final in Tokyo they will compete with less presure and gave a performance similar to the one they had during the preliminaries at this event. 

I did not watch the Men's 3m synchro event but 8th place for Castillo/Celaya is nothing to celebrate, I don't get why Yahel was doing it after failing a dive, his preliminay performance was nothing to be very proud of. The duo have more than 3 years of experience together but it didn't show yesterday.

Is it possible for a nation to compete in a synchronized event at the Olympics if the two athletes qualified individually or in another synchronized event (but not as a duo in the same event)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.