website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

According to one of the Park City news websites, former US skeleton athlete Nathan Crumpton will compete for :ASA in the men’s 100m using their universality spot.

Source: https://www.parkrecord.com/sports/parkite-nathan-crumpton-brings-his-journey-full-circle-by-punching-olympic-ticket/?fbclid=IwAR1yjgtpBOJFrtDxxSwzl8pbUPe8RpzrDoSdfkFShCg9rjHU6MSYK8wikQM

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I was reading the qualification document but I am still not sure so I will ask here. How may athlete quota places are awarded to a nation for a team in the mixed 4x400m relay? And for example, in the case of Ireland, Thomas Barr has qualified in the 400m hurdles... if he were to participate in the relay, does he have to be listed as part of the relay quota, or can we nominate others to fill the relay quota and still choose him in the relay? Not sure if I am explaining this well :d

15 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I was reading the qualification document but I am still not sure so I will ask here. How may athlete quota places are awarded to a nation for a team in the mixed 4x400m relay? And for example, in the case of Ireland, Thomas Barr has qualified in the 400m hurdles... if he were to participate in the relay, does he have to be listed as part of the relay quota, or can we nominate others to fill the relay quota and still choose him in the relay? Not sure if I am explaining this well :d

for the mixed relay you can name 4 athletes, if Barr is named as part of the team, then only 3 "new" athletes can be named.

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

for the mixed relay you can name 4 athletes, if Barr is named as part of the team, then only 3 "new" athletes can be named.

Got you. So the 2 nominated P athletes are travelling reserves? If so would they be counted in the overall number of our delegation?

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Got you. So the 2 nominated P athletes are travelling reserves? If so would they be counted in the overall number of our delegation?

They wouldn't. Travelling reserves are not given accreditation unless they are called into replace someone.