website statistics

Taekwondo WTE European Championships 2021

Totallympics

52 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely....this feels like the local U12 championships in some obscure sport only people in a small region of some hidden country do, not continental championships in an Olympic sport...

Even Wikipedia only has a link to day 1 results :p 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_European_Taekwondo_Championships

It's wrong. On Taekwondo Europe they add only the day 2 results.

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's wrong. On Taekwondo Europe they add only the day 2 results.

no, I already posted the correct link to the medallists from day #1, good 2 days ago...

wikipedia has them correct...

day #1 only has the medallists also on worltaekwondo Europe's website, day #2 has the link to the full draw with results, too...

https://worldtaekwondoeurope.org/files/Draw_lots_and_reslut_D2.pdf

the number of Iranian athletes in this event is probably higher than the number of them in the Asian Championship :facepalm::lol: if I didn't miss anybody else I counted at least 11,  Ghobadi, Alizadeh, Naghibzadeh, Mehdipournejad, Zolghadri, Khodabakhshi, Asemani, Beigi, Noghandoost, Hosseini, Pouryounes. most of them were in our national team before. there are couple of "nobodies" among them though.

it's really amazing that everybody with any claim can be a member of this refugee team even people who are not officially "refugee" !

Kimia Alizadeh had her first competition after a while, she lost the QF handily to a girl from Croatia. I don't expect her to achieve anything considering how many injuries and surgeries she had already but we know she is good if healthy. it will be "interesting" if she (or other Iranian fake refugees) steals an Olympic quota from Europe. if IOC wants to give them a wild card that's a different story but this is completely unfair for European athletes.

btw wish the best of luck for Khodabakhshi

I remember cheering for Alizadeh some years ago, am I now supposed to be against her or what happened? :p 

Not cheering for Beigi anymore after he could have brought me a fortune in Rio and took only bronze :mad: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I remember cheering for Alizadeh some years ago, am I now supposed to be against her or what happened? :p 

Not cheering for Beigi anymore after he could have brought me a fortune in Rio and took only bronze :mad: 

considering how the current regime/dictatorship in Iran is unpopular among the people (at least the majority, they have their own "people" and they are hard to understand) most athletes who just leave the country and say something bad about the regime will get automatically popular. doesn't matter even if they lie or not.

but I can't say the same about her. people really didn't feel sympathy with her, she was OK with everything as long as she was getting paid. and she received prize money probably more than any other athlete in the history of Iran. her medal was historical and she deserved it probably, she was getting paid for her TV interviews (that's a very uncommon thing in Iran) but then all of a sudden when her TKD career was in trouble and the national team coach (who happened to be her childhood coach) said she better think about retirement, Alizadeh found out she is being used and you know the rest of the story.

I still can't wish her bad, she is still just a kid, I think 21. too much happened for her at this young age, Olympic medal, becoming a VERY famous person, marriage, leaving the country, that's too much to handle. she will probably regret some of her decisions when she gets 30.

Beigi ? yeah, you know his coach (who is Iranian too) always claims Beigi lost his semifinal because he was "feeling guilty" after destroying Khodabakhshi in the QF. :d:lol:  I believe Beigi probably lost his concentrations after dominating the world champion from his own country. but feeling guilty ? no way he was probably tooo happy

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

considering how the current regime/dictatorship in Iran is unpopular among the people (at least the majority, they have their own "people" and they are hard to understand) most athletes who just leave the country and say something bad about the regime will get automatically popular. doesn't matter even if they lie or not.

but I can't say the same about her. people really didn't feel sympathy with her, she was OK with everything as long as she was getting paid. and she received prize money probably more than any other athlete in the history of Iran. her medal was historical and she deserved it probably, she was getting paid for her TV interviews (that's a very uncommon thing in Iran) but then all of a sudden when her TKD career was in trouble and the national team coach (who happened to be her childhood coach) said she better think about retirement, Alizadeh found out she is being used and you know the rest of the story.

I still can't wish her bad, she is still just a kid, I think 21. too much happened for her at this young age, Olympic medal, becoming a VERY famous person, marriage, leaving the country, that's too much to handle. she will probably regret some of her decisions when she gets 30.

Beigi ? yeah, you know his coach (who is Iranian too) always claims Beigi lost his semifinal because he was "feeling guilty" after destroying Khodabakhshi in the QF. :d:lol:  I believe Beigi probably lost his concentrations after dominating the world champion from his own country. but feeling guilty ? no way he was probably tooo happy

As always, thanks for the in-depth view of how things work in Iran, it's always much appreciated! I'm still going to keep cheering for Alizadeh :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!