website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Trips & Holidays Thread

bestmen

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, konig said:

Next time @kungshamra71 you must visit @Werloc and make an historical fact for the forum: two users have contact in real life!

A Totallympics user having met more than one other user in real life wouldn't be a first, actually :p 

I know there's at least one user here who has even met 3 other users :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Same here, I have a 10 year lasting IRL friendship with one user from here that doesn't visit the forum anymore :lol:

The story on how we met was wild :p 

You must tell us after saying that........

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Same here, I have a 10 year lasting IRL friendship with one user from here that doesn't visit the forum anymore :lol:

The story on how we met was wild :p 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR66DoucfF6FczCPM-wafe

:d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, konig said:

You must tell us after saying that........

Nearly 11 years ago I was participating in X Factor and they do these video intros before every live show performance, to show how you were preparing, asking questions etc. Somehow, one week it came down to hobbies & I mentioned that I really liked sports and the interviewer asked if I liked basketball and I said nah, my favourite sport is actually biathlon and it went on live TV :lol: 

Low and behold, a few days later after the live I get contacted by a guy from the biathlon federation to do an interview for them and we met up somewhere in the city center, I got interviewed, we talked about biathlon (this was the very first time I met a moving, living person that enjoyed biathlon then). So we kinda kept talking a bit from time to time after that interview about sports and since I knew his name, I found the courage to ask if he was the same Robertas from the forum annnnnnd coincidence - he was :DDDDDDD

Nowadays, we talk about sports nearly every day, he is still working as a media liaison for our biathlon federation and is working at COSMA (our best athletics club) too, after having worked for the athletics federation as a liaison for many years too. So I'm still getting a lot of insider tea to this day from him :p 

I wouldn't be too surprised if @heywoodu has seen him too at some biathlon event :d 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Nearly 11 years ago I was participating in X Factor and they do these video intros before every live show performance, to show how you were preparing, asking questions etc. Somehow, one week it came down to hobbies & I mentioned that I really liked sports and the interviewer asked if I liked basketball and I said nah, my favourite sport is actually biathlon and it went on live TV :lol: 

Low and behold, a few days later after the live I get contacted by a guy from the biathlon federation to do an interview for them and we met up somewhere in the city center, I got interviewed, we talked about biathlon (this was the very first time I met a moving, living person that enjoyed biathlon then). So we kinda kept talking a bit from time to time after that interview about sports and since I knew his name, I found the courage to ask if he was the same Robertas from the forum annnnnnd coincidence - he was :DDDDDDD

Nowadays, we talk about sports nearly every day, he is still working as a media liaison for our biathlon federation and is working at COSMA (our best athletics club) too, after having worked for the athletics federation as a liaison for many years too. So I'm still getting a lot of insider tea to this day from him :p 

I wouldn't be too surprised if @heywoodu has seen him too at some biathlon event :d 

Awesome story :d 

I doubt I'll have met him, I've only ever been to IBU Cups (Obertilliach x2, Arber x2, Martell, Lenzerheide), there aren't a ton of people there to start talking to suddenly :d (other than some athletes @brunamoura interacted with)

Edited by heywoodu

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

anyone visited Suriname? is it good for tourism ?

I wish will be my first visit in south america 

I reallt dont know about nobody who visit Suriname, the 80% of the people live in the coast, in a few days, you can visit all the important places of that country.