website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Hey guys, I'm back after a few years :-). I like the 14 medals, but don't agree with 1 gold, expecting 3 golds in Shooting this time round.

2 hours ago, Prashanth said:

Sailing ILCA Laser Radial World Championships 2019-Results

Women:- Nethra in 66th place

She has a decent chance of qualifying for Olympics. There are two spots on offer at Asian qualification event. Among the not qualified Asian nations, she has finished in 2nd place behind Thai girl in both Asian Games and here. So, Nethra and Thai girl should be favourites to win the two Asian quotas. 

Instead of all crap; let us focus on the main sports. The rest are all of also-ran type.

These sports are:

1. Shooting

2. Wrestling

3. Badminton

4. Boxing

5. Hockey

6. Archery

7. Weightlifting

8. Athletics

India has traditionally performed well at the Olympics in these disciplines. 

The rest like Judo, Swimming, etc. are just a waste of time at the Olympics.

Let's have a guess from the participants about the number of medals we can get.

Just read somewhere Vijendra Singh wants to participate in the Olympics. Also, what about Vikas Krishan, Neeraj Goyat and may Kom? Will they participate? May's weight class < 49 kg is not in the Olympic schedule and 49-51 has Nikhat Zareen participating.

Hi all....With exactly one year to go for 2020 olympics its definitely time to look into how India is shaping out for tokyo.

Best bets:

Excellent form of Bajrang punia... i hope he will maintain that consistency for one more year

Tremendous form of Saurabh Choudhary in 10 m Air pistol

Performance in Shooting Mixed events both 10 m Air pistol and 10 m Air Rifle.... i think India has won gold in these categories at many events

I think if India is going to win Gold at Tokyo it has to be from above

Good bets

Vinesha Phogat in womens wrestling... she has some thing in her.... even though she has changed her weight category to 53 kgs (which am unable to understand even now considering she won the gold at Asiad in 50 kgs) she is too good to be defeated by wrestler from countries other than japan or russia

Mirabhai Chanu in weight lifting…. only worrying factor is change in weight category from 48 kgs to 49 kgs

Amit phangal in Boxing... again worrying factor is change in weight category to 52 kgs from 49 kgs in which he won gold at Asiad

Womens boxing - I have a strong feeling that atleast one of womens boxer will win a medal... 

apurvi chandela / manu bhaker in shooting