website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

one person celebrating something in his private is always possible but I'm pretty sure it's not safe to go out celebrating this very loudly.

it's not humane to celebrate someone's death and I try hard not doing it myself. but since 2022 we passed a point of no return, for some people it happened in 2009 and for some others in 2019 but it feels like 2022 was really the end of that "let's hope things get better" era. 

I don't think like that myself, being radical is always a bad idea. but for lots of people, specially the younger generations, this is a war and they are the enemy. so they will indeed celebrate such a thing. even exaggerating to piss off the enemy

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what was 2009 about in this regard? That's definitely before I started to have any kind of interest in international politics :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what was 2009 about in this regard? That's definitely before I started to have any kind of interest in international politics :p 

The Green movement, the first time the IR saw millions of people in the streets against itself, most importantly those protests were completely peaceful (unlike the recent protests) yet they didn't tolerate it. used brutal force to end things.

obviously the elections were never totally fair here. but it was OK within the regime. I mean they would disqualify whoever they didn't want before the race. but the race itself was usually OK. I believe 2009 was the first time they completely threw away the votes and published some fake numbers to keep that monkey (you know him as Ahmadinejad) in charge. The monkey is not part of the regime now but at the time he was supposed to be loyal. 

The guy who could win the election Mirhossein Mousavi is still under house arrest. 

10 hours ago, LDOG said:

Respect for the pilot maybe.

The other guys? 100% evil people. 

There is nothing more evil than the west leaders in this world , if we apply the same criteria then we are going to be very happy for death of most of their politicians . They weren't very nice people ofc and I think they are corrupted but death is a great thing that need to be respected , especially if it's something horrific like plane crush 

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

There is nothing more evil than the west leaders in this world , if we apply the same criteria then we are going to be very happy for death of most of their politicians . They weren't very nice people ofc and I think they are corrupted but death is a great thing that need to be respected , especially if it's something horrific like plane crush 

I don't care about the west, even if they were all Hitler it wouldn't make the IR government any better. Defending Palestine is not the only thing they do. They spend 99% of the time commiting atrocities against their own people. One good deed doesn't wipe off everything else.

Perfect proof that often if you try to have some nuance either way, both sides will say you're 'supporting the genocide/terrorists' even if you're just really not :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

anyway this is positive incident for Palestine and very negative for europe/usa

Dozens of western countries are threating the tribunal and their famillies :lol:

And their pets even, I heard on Facebook!