0130 Freestyle Skiing: Women's Freeski Halfpipe Final Run 1 - Zoe Atkin

0142 Bobsleigh: 4-man Training Heat 5 and 6: Brad Hall

0158 Freestyle Skiing: Women's Freeski Halfpipe Final Run 2 - Zoe Atkin

0225 Freestyle Skiing: Women's Freeski Halfpipe Final Run 3 - Zoe Atkin

0345 Freestyle Skiing: Men's Ski Cross Seeding - Oliver Davies

0600 Freestyle Skiing: Men's Ski Cross 1/8 Finals - Oliver Davies

0635 Freestyle Skiing: Men's Ski Cross Quarterfinals - Oliver Davies

0654 Freestyle Skiing: Men's Ski Cross Semifinals - Oliver Davies

0710 Freestyle Skiing: Men's Ski Cross Small Final and Big Final - Oliver Davies

0830 Speed Skating: Men's 1000m - Cornelius Kersten

1200 Bobsleigh: 2-woman Heat 1: Mica McNeill

1205 Curling: Women's Semifinal: :SWE vs :GBR

1330 Bobsleigh: 2-woman Heat 2: Brad Hall

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

There's still 3 days left of the games, and Team GB seem to be peaking right at the end (men's curling final, women's curling semi-finals, good performances in halfpipe qualifying), but I've been doing a bit of analysis to see just how disappointing these games have been for GB.

Before the start of the games, I made a prediction of where I thought every British athlete would finish - I made a realistic prediction, an optimistic prediction, and a pessimistic prediction.

So far:

• Met/exceeded optimistic prediction: 10 (22%)
  • Met/exceeded realistic prediction: 21 (47%)
  • Met/exceeded pessimistic prediction: 38 (84%)
  • Didn't meet pessimistic prediction: 7 (16%) (includes 2 DNFs)

So overall, 47% of British athletes have overperformed or performed where I realistically thought they would finish, whilst 53% have "underperformed".

The overperformers include the men's & women's curling teams, Makayla Gerken-Schofield in women's moguls, Kirsty Muir & Katie Summerhayes in women's big air, Summerhayes in slopestyle, Rupert Staudinger in luge, Farrell Treacy in short track 1500m, the mixed team SBX team and Cornelius Kersten in the speed skating 1500m.

The underperformers include Hall/Gleeson in the two-man bobsleigh (albeit they crashed on run 3), James Woods in men's big air, Charlotte Bankes in SBX and Katie Ormerod in slopestyle & big air.

Either way, will be interesting to see how GB finishes off these games. We have a few remaining chances; my realistic predictions for the last few days were:

• Alpine Team Event: round of 16
  • Four-Man Bobsleigh: top 5
  • Two-Woman Bobsleigh: top 18
  • Musgrave (50km CC): top 20
  • Young (50km CC): top 50
  • Men's Curling: final (already achieved)
  • Women's Curling: semi-final (already achieved)
  • Kenworthy (Halfpipe): top 15 (already achieved)
  • Atkin (Halfpipe): top 6
  • Kersten (1000m Speed Skating): top 12

8 hours ago, hmc16 said:

There's still 3 days left of the games, and Team GB seem to be peaking right at the end (men's curling final, women's curling semi-finals, good performances in halfpipe qualifying), but I've been doing a bit of analysis to see just how disappointing these games have been for GB.

Before the start of the games, I made a prediction of where I thought every British athlete would finish - I made a realistic prediction, an optimistic prediction, and a pessimistic prediction.

So far:

• Met/exceeded optimistic prediction: 10 (22%)
  • Met/exceeded realistic prediction: 21 (47%)
  • Met/exceeded pessimistic prediction: 38 (84%)
  • Didn't meet pessimistic prediction: 7 (16%) (includes 2 DNFs)

So overall, 47% of British athletes have overperformed or performed where I realistically thought they would finish, whilst 53% have "underperformed".

The overperformers include the men's & women's curling teams, Makayla Gerken-Schofield in women's moguls, Kirsty Muir & Katie Summerhayes in women's big air, Summerhayes in slopestyle, Rupert Staudinger in luge, Farrell Treacy in short track 1500m, the mixed team SBX team and Cornelius Kersten in the speed skating 1500m.

The underperformers include Hall/Gleeson in the two-man bobsleigh (albeit they crashed on run 3), James Woods in men's big air, Charlotte Bankes in SBX and Katie Ormerod in slopestyle & big air.

Either way, will be interesting to see how GB finishes off these games. We have a few remaining chances; my realistic predictions for the last few days were:

• Alpine Team Event: round of 16
  • Four-Man Bobsleigh: top 5
  • Two-Woman Bobsleigh: top 18
  • Musgrave (50km CC): top 20
  • Young (50km CC): top 50
  • Men's Curling: final (already achieved)
  • Women's Curling: semi-final (already achieved)
  • Kenworthy (Halfpipe): top 15 (already achieved)
  • Atkin (Halfpipe): top 6
  • Kersten (1000m Speed Skating): top 12

I can see the two women challenging for top 10 if they have a good first two runs. They could well beat the performance of the four man. 

Freestyle Skiing: Atkin got a 10.75 in her second run, keeping her in 12th. A 73.25 in her final run meant she finished 9th. In the Men's Ski Cross, Oliver Davies came in 31st in his Seeding Run with a 1:14.84. In his 1/8 Final he came in 4th and did not progress (only the first two did).

Bobsleigh: Brad Hall came 4th in Heat 5 (59.28) and 6th in Heat 6 (1:00.23).

In brotherhood unfold

Speed Skating: Cornelius Kersten with a 1:08.79, coming 9th. This means that Day 14 ends without medals for Team GB.

In brotherhood unfold