website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

@Gianlu33 Do you happen to have a commentator who is talking NON-STOP? As in, not shutting up for even two seconds (literally)? I'm watching on Belgian TV and I think I hear an Italian talking in the background coming from the Belgian commentator's microphone, and the dude just does. not. stop. talking :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Too bad that live ticker is usually awful for longer events....like the King of all Olympic Events next week :p 

yep, but still gazillio times beter thant the official website athletics live scoring

Anyway the 50km will be fine here, alfons Juck usually use during the commentating plenty of his apps and obscure stats, so we are informed the whole race :d

:URU out in M LJ :(

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

What is there to explain? :GBR has more pivilege than :NGR Case closed.

Yeah, this is the kind of analysis I'm not interested in, which is why I'd like to hear what an actual expert says. Someone who's not involved with Nigeria or Great Britain at all and who's also not all "big country so it's just because of the flags!", because that stands in the way from seeing the exact rules and exceptions and differences and all those things.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

@Gianlu33 Do you happen to have a commentator who is talking NON-STOP? As in, not shutting up for even two seconds (literally)? I'm watching on Belgian TV and I think I hear an Italian talking in the background coming from the Belgian commentator's microphone, and the dude just does. not. stop. talking :lol: 

It's Bragagna :p

It's famous for speak A LOT, he do the ceremony, some winter sport and canoe slalom too. And he love speaks about useless things. Something we call it "Bragagnate"

Just now, Orangehair43 said:

Dina Asher Smith has pulled out of the 200m and has explained her major injury issues. 

I'm not surprised. She wouldn't stand a chance in 200m based on her poor 100m run. Perhaps the hamstring injury was more serious though this is far cry from Liu Xiang's Beijing shocking pull out

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah, this is the kind of analysis I'm not interested in, which is why I'd like to hear what an actual expert says. Someone who's not involved with Nigeria or Great Britain at all and who's also not all "big country so it's just because of the flags!", because that stands in the way from seeing the exact rules and exceptions and differences and all those things.

:HUN Eurosport commentators asked the :HUN technical delegate to the Olympics, when he answers back it will be posted live. If that happens (soon) I'll keep you posted.

Just now, pdr4332 said:

:HUN Eurosport commentators asked the :HUN technical delegate to the Olympics, when he answers back it will be posted live. If that happens (soon) I'll keep you posted.

Thanks! Dutch TV has Gregory Sedoc (former hurdler) in the studio I think, who's usually pretty clear about analysing these things as well. I'm curious.