website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The Somali refugees with silver and bronze. What a pity that they couldn't represent Somalia, though...

Good chance they would not have the training and support they have now though...

On a side note, Nageeye (I don't know about Abdi) is also very active in trying to set things up for Somali school children and trying to improve their chances of doing sports. He is a great example for both the Netherlands and Somalia :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Good chance they would not have the training and support they have now though...

On a side note, Nageeye (I don't know about Abdi) is also very active in trying to set things up for Somali school children and trying to improve their chances of doing sports. He is a great example for both the Netherlands and Somalia :cheer: 

If Somalia could p get its act together and become a functioning country  it could one day challenge Ethiopia and Kenya like Uganda is now starting to. 

1 minute ago, Orangehair43 said:

If Somalia could p get its act together and become a functioning country  it could one day challenge Ethiopia and Kenya like Uganda is now starting to. 

Sadly that seems highly unlikely to ever really happen :( But that'd be amazing!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Didn't know, but Nageeye trained in Kipchoge's group for years (hence the rather happy embrace right after the finish). I did know he and Abdi are pretty close, but I didn't know they've been training together in Ethiopia for a long time now, besides already being friends for 10+ years :cheer: 

Kipchoge joins the exclusive group of title defenders. :ETH Abebe Bikila and :GDR Waldemar Cierpinski. Can't believe people are calling him the GOAT though. I guess every GOAT must be an active athlete? :rolleyes: Ugh.

Dutch Democratic Republic got their own Cierpinski? Not sure how critics will react. :p

And yeah, I overslept the alarm for both marathons. I guess not very surprising after my breakdown Friday afternoon, at least I got 10 hours of sleep yesterday. :p

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Dutch Democratic Republic got their own Cierpinski? Not sure how critics will react. :p

Huh what? :d