website statistics

Water Polo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

1 hour ago, nenad said:

France Netherlands is probably a tossup or Netherlands small favourites but other matches i wouldn't be surprised to see one unexpected result out of 3, the difference between those countries isn't like it used to be.

The only chance for an unexpected result in the Germany vs. Hungary game is, if the Hungarian team misses the bus. :p

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

The only chance for an unexpected result in the Germany vs. Hungary game is, if the Hungarian team misses the bus. :p

Germany - Hungary in water polo always reminds me of Adolf Hitler coming to watch Germany crush Hungary, only to witness the exact opposite :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

So dumb to use different crtieria to determine who finsihes where. The first method that would work (since head to head points would not work) would be head to head goal differential. In that case Italy first, Spain second and Netherlands third.

Hoping France doesn't win as they do not deserve it.

Yeah right, because Canada was a paragon of virtue yesterday :)

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yeah right, because Canada was a paragon of virtue yesterday :)

i think u lost on purpose, very unfair, tradition?

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Germany - Hungary in water polo always reminds me of Adolf Hitler coming to watch Germany crush Hungary, only to witness the exact opposite :d 

he had few more "sour" moments ;) - still German team was probably first "pro team" of Olympics. Well, Poles gave him satisfaction, our anthem wasn`t played not even once but i`m not sure if he was anti-Polish in 1936

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

I will now analyze the matches :d

Hungary-Germany: Well,what to say for this. Hungary is huge favorite in this match. I think it is 95%:5%

Canada-Spain: I think that Spain is slight favorite,but Canada has ok team. Spain was very good when Perez (Cuban born) and Perrone (born in Brazil and he will be in Brazilian team on OG) was in team. For both :bowdown:. Now they are just solid team. Canada has few players with Serbian descent,so they have my support

France-Nethrlands: It is 50:50. For example best French player now play for Italy. His name is Bodegas. He has debut match on big competiton for Italy this year on EC. France also has two player from Ex-Yu (Tomasevic and Kovacevic). I only know one players from NED (Gielen). He are memeber of Serbian team Partizan and he is very good. :yes

Italy-Romania: Italy is huge favorite. Romania is so far the biggest disappointment of this tournament . I thought that Cosmin Radu will be able to play in Rio and to finish his great carrer for NT on this way. Pity :( One of the best player in the world,but now he is not in good form.

On 4/6/2016 at 0:01 AM, hckosice said:

but btw believe me or not, but a slovak born player is a olympic champion.:d

Štefan (now István) Gergely after the olympics in Sydney he was invited to play for Hungary, and that was the best thing for him, he won 2 olympic titles in Athens and Beijing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/István_Gergely

:thumbup:

I actually fully agree with the tie-break system that was used in Group B. It's way more rational to use head-to-head outcome rather than goal difference whenever possible. Goal difference can be extremly stupid criteria sometimes! It should be used only when nothing else is possible, except coin flipping.

#banbestmen

15 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

IFrance didn't particpate since 1992 (damn you Yugoslavia, you're greatly missed), the Netherlands since 2000.

Technically, there were only 2 ex-Yugoslav teams from 1996 to 2004. It's just silly to use Yugoslavia as an excuse for your weakness. :p

#banbestmen