website statistics

Water Polo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

USA leading France 9-0 at the moment (2nd quarter). :lol: We definitely don't need 12 teams in women's water polo. Maybe 10, but definitely not 12.

I disagree. Australia, USA, Italy, Hungary, the Netherlands, Greece, Russia, Canada, China, Spain. Brazil and Japan are weak, but decent. These teams could make a cool competition.

1 minute ago, hoversaBR said:

I disagree. Australia, USA, Italy, Hungary, the Netherlands, Greece, Russia, Canada, China, Spain. Brazil and Japan are weak, but decent. These teams could make a cool competition.

Except that Japan wouldn't even qualify if there were 12 teams. France would qualify and they are currently 14-0 down to USA.

#banbestmen

15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Also, what I heard from people who watched the game: Italy AGAIN got so much referee help today...it's so f*cking frustrating and because of that I'd almost hope Italy loses in the QF's (after getting so incredibly much help in the past year at least, they could get some bad luck..) :( 

But that's of course not fair to their players...

I think that those people definitely have something against Italy (and probably something that goes well beyond sports)...:facepalm:

Yesterday Italy didn't get any help, they just played the best defensive waterpolo as they often do when they win and simply destroyed a very disappointing (and poorly talented) Russian team...

our girls are not as big as most of their opponents and they are also not so talented in the offensive part of the game...the only way we have to win matches is to play a strong defensive game, both individually and as a team...and that's what happened yesterday...point...:evil:

then, if someone thinks that waterpolo is a sport like volleyball, where no physical contact is allowed, well...I guess they don't even have idea of what waterolo is about...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I think that those people definitely have something against Italy (and probably something that goes well beyond sports)...:facepalm:

Yesterday Italy didn't get any help, they just played the best defensive waterpolo as they often do when they win and simply destroyed a very disappointing (and poorly talented) Russian team...

our girls are not as big as most of their opponents and they are also not so talented in the offensive part of the game...the only way we have to win matches is to play a strong defensive game, both individually and as a team...and that's what happened yesterday...point...:evil:

then, if someone thinks that waterpolo is a sport like volleyball, where no physical contact is allowed, well...I guess they don't even have idea of what waterolo is about...

Actually those people are very much more pro-Italy than pro-Russia, so in a match Italy - Russia they would definitely support Italy :d (meaning they have nothing against Italy)

It's just weird that "Italy getting help from referees" is a theme that comes up at every water polo tournament apparently. I would say this whole thing smells a little :) 

Again, I'm not blaming the Dutch results on the referees. They should have won the ticket in the Euro final in the first place, then they shouldn't have given away a big lead against Russia in a matter of minutes...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

well, if those people are pro-Italy, I don't even want to think what they could say in an opposite situation...:yikes:

the "Italy get help from refs" issue has a long history beacause of the strong defensive style we play...

but what can we do if that's the most effective kind of game for us? :dunno:

I'd really like Italy to play as the Serbian masters do rather than having this reputation, but we just can't...;)