WHT.gif Russian Ski Federation
FIN.gif Finland
SUI.gif Switzerland
SLO.gif Slovenia
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022

24 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) I don’t know how many people trust this sport, therefore I won’t just assume that they do or don’t trust it. In general you are almost always wrong if you make general statements about a group of people.

2) I don’t blame the international organizations. Obviously there is a lot of corruption and when people, who are from the dominant nations in a sport, make it to the top of the organization that should govern that sport, you can’t really expect objectivity ... but I don’t see any chance of ever getting rid of doping, especially when there is no political will to do it in certain countries. We will have Doping as long as there is incentive to dope.

The problem is that even if the organisations are honest & committed to reform, which many are, then their national legal systems & international organisations like the Court of Arbitration for Sport just do not back them up.  Few governing bodies can afford an extended legal battle.  The powerful & rich IOC should do more, but they are corrupt and/or short-sightef.

48 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

The problem is that even if the organisations are honest & committed to reform, which many are, then their national legal systems & international organisations like the Court of Arbitration for Sport just do not back them up.  Few governing bodies can afford an extended legal battle.  The powerful & rich IOC should do more, but they are corrupt and/or short-sightef.

I think the other nations could make a change. If all the nations except Norway and Russia boycott the competitions until Norway/Russia are banned, then we could see a change. Obviously Russia and Norway are very important, but I think all the other nations combined and their tv money is more important. Sadly the national federations also have no backbone.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

22 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think the other nations could make a change. If all the nations except Norway and Russia boycott the competitions until Norway/Russia are banned, then we could see a change. Obviously Russia and Norway are very important, but I think all the other nations combined and their tv money is more important. Sadly the national federations also have no backbone.

No way someone bullies Norway into any changes. They invest more money into cross-country than everyone else combined save for Sweden. It's like trying to ban China in table tennis or Canada in curling. It's just NOT gonna happen :p

Disclaimer: my calculations might very well not be exactly correct.

The battleground states in the women's nation's ranking after today:

nhBzP0J.png

I really wonder, and it's of rather big significance, whether or not Thailand, Australia and Armenia (and South Korea/Lithuania, sure) will send someone to the Engadin World Cup (if allowed, which is another question)...if they don't, that is absolutely Brazil's chance.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Disclaimer: my calculations might very well not be exactly correct.

The battleground states in the women's nation's ranking after today:

nhBzP0J.png

I really wonder, and it's of rather big significance, whether or not Thailand, Australia and Armenia (and South Korea/Lithuania, sure) will send someone to the Engadin World Cup (if allowed, which is another question)...if they don't, that is absolutely Brazil's chance.

can you tell me what 23rd place mean? :d

18 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

can you tell me what 23rd place mean? :d

I was just about to comment that Serbia is on their way to getting a quota, even though they missed their opportunity for a basic quota. In case that wasn’t clear, Serbia should get a quota should they remain in the top 30.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela