website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Armenia is being helped in a tournament that is being held in TURKEY (of all places)?? Well, that would be something for the history books. I think that would mean the end of the World. ;)

It's a bit silly to say that some matches were robberies based on results only. An Armenian user could also say: "Cappai won even though he was not a favourite, that's a robbery!". :p

yes, Armenia are being heavily helped...and that's a fact...:evil:

as I wrote, I only have suspicion - and nothing else, since AIBA doesn't give us any chance to see this tournament...maybe just because they don't want too many people watching their "Italian jobs" - about those 2 bouts, but not based only on the results, but on what very experienced and trustable coaches and officials write and on the fact that I know quite well the history and the "quality" of those 2 fighters (and, trust me, they are already well beyond their normal capabilities)...

the same for the 2-1 only win by Mangiacapre against the Bosnian guy...for sure something strange happened on the jury table, because under normal circumstances Mangiacapre would destroy Fetahovic even with no hands and his eyes closed...

Cappai's victory was surprising for sure, but if it had been undeserved our Federation's website would have written something about it...they are always really "fair" and pay a lot of attention to not write "heavy" criticism about the refereeing and judging (the most they write is "lucky win" when our boxers steal the verdict and "match full of regrets" when our guys get robbed big time)...

2 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

if Armenians are winning in Turkey...believe me...they had to deserve it

not at all...don't forget that it's not the Turkish people nor politicians judging the bouts...

the aiba mafia has different paths and plots, not necessarily always on the same page of the general feeling of the host Country (the only almost untouchable principle they follow is "don't penalize - to be read: "let them win despite anything happens on the ring" - the home boys")...

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

yes, Armenia are being heavily helped...and that's a fact...:evil:

as I wrote, I only have suspicion - and nothing else, since AIBA doesn't give us any chance to see this tournament...maybe just because they don't want too many people watching their "Italian jobs" - about those 2 bouts, but not based only on the results, but on what very experienced and trustable coaches and officials write and on the fact that I know quite well the history and the "quality" of those 2 fighters (and, trust me, they are already well beyond their normal capabilities)...

the same for the 2-1 only win by Mangiacapre against the Bosnian guy...for sure something strange happened on the jury table, because under normal circumstances Mangiacapre would destroy Fetahovic even with no hands and his eyes closed...

Cappai's victory was surprising for sure, but if it had been undeserved our Federation's website would have written something about it...they are always really "fair" and pay a lot of attention to not write "heavy" criticism about the refereeing and judging (the most they write is "lucky win" when our boxers steal the verdict and "match full of regrets" when our guys get robbed big time)...

If anything, Italy is in a much better position to "bribe" judges than Armenia. No point in claiming that AIBA mafia is targetting Italy with Armenians and Fetahović...

#banbestmen

34 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

this sport no longer deserves to be at Olympics

If the main talk of an OQT is about corruption, undeserved wins and horrible judges then yes, you are absolutely correct. Kick it out, clean up the mess and see you in 2028 or something. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

SVK updates..

our last boxer in this tournament is out. as expected Matúš Strnisko lost to the ex-world champion Khyzhniak of Ukraine in -81kg quarter finals...

but still amazing that he manage to win 2 matches here.

once again what a pity for the Viliam Tankó injury, I´m so sad about that..but well, what can we do, it´s not the end of the world, the sun will rise again tomorrow

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

the sun will rise again tomorrow

Judging by the weather of the past couple of hours, I really doubt that. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I just hope Müllenberg will punch the Turkish guy to smithereens so there won't even be points involved. Because probably one KO would not even be enough to convince the judges to go against the Turk.